What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

L7 - Donita Sparks who could forget her infamous ‘performance’ on The Word.

4 Likes

Ruthie Foster - Let It Burn

4 Likes

This is a lovely album. We had the band playing on Tuesday and they did this song as part of the soundcheck and it’s been like an ear worm since then.

1 Like

Electribal Soul - Electribe 101

Their previously unreleased second album.

2 Likes

61-0CqILDyL.AC_SL1500
Van Morrison - Enlightenment.

13 Likes

LP - Geffen Records 1987 : )

<>

Pat Metheny – acoustic and electric guitars, guitar synthesizer
Lyle Mays – piano, keyboards
Steve Rodby – acoustic and electric bass
Paul Wertico – drums
Armando Marçal – percussion, backing vocals
Mark Ledford – vocals
David Blamires – vocals

Recorded at The Power Station, New York City 1987

<<>>

17 Likes

Shelby Lynne, suit yourself. :relaxed:

10 Likes

Laura Nyro - New York Tendaberry. If you need cheering up then listen to the track ‘Save the country’

10 Likes

The only thing wrong for me to listen to this great album is my wife always reminding me Kurt Elling did his version of Minuano :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Now Playing…

Pat Metheny - Bright Size Life

Pat Metheny (6-String Guitar, Electric 12-String Guitar), Jaco Pastorius (Bass) and Bob Moses (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… a mention from @RexManning above reminded me I have not had this album out for a spin for quite awhile, and Pat and the trio is sounding mighty sweet! One very sweet album…

13 Likes

Featuring a Graham Collier protege, amongst the several others here.

Open Letter - Loose Tubes

5 Likes

17 Likes

91ouLIQGxTL.SS500
Dr. Lonnie smith - Breathe.

7 Likes

William Bell - This Is Where I Live

14 Likes

12 Likes

Brand X - ‘Live at the Rites of Spring Festival’ (2018). The modern incarnation of Brand X, including original members Percy Jones and John Goodsall, gives top class performances of material from their 1970s heyday. ‘Born Ugly’, ‘Disco Suicide’ and many others are there. ‘Nightmare Patrol’ is also on the album. There never was a studio version of this track I don’t think. I would love to have heard studio versions of ‘Nightmare Patrol’, ‘Ish’ and ‘Isis Mourning’ which were only issued on the ‘Livestock’ (1977) album and never had a studio release back in the day and still haven’t. This reminds me of the ‘Between Nothingness and Eternity’ (1973) live album by the Mahavishnu Orchestra. The 1973 studio versions weren’t released until ‘The Lost Trident Sessions’ album in 1999! Maybe there is a lost Brand X studio album from 1977 out there. I think not but it is a nice thought!

3 Likes

EG Kight - The Trio Sessions

1 Like

15 Likes

10 Likes

Michael Franks The Camera Never Lies / 1987 Warner / US CD / 255702

@Debs Playing my CD of this release for too many good reasons to write here, but I will say that one of them is the note that Steve Khan hits on his guitar solo at 2.33 on the title track!

7 Likes