What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Colin Hay’s excellent new album Now and the Evermore

6 Likes

Is that just released Pete?

I bought one he released just recently of all covers

Called “I just don’t know what to do with myself”

Some great covers like Waterloo Sunset (kinks) but I wouldn’t say it’s up there with his really great stuff

Trust all is well

1 Like

Yep, just released this week. I missed the covers album (just reading about it now).

Phil Collins Face Value

20 Likes

Lou Reed New York

18 Likes

Superstate

Interesting recent one from Graham Coxon.

2 Likes

Kristina Train Dark Black

5 Likes

Goldfrapp, supernature. Was a tough day in the office. Anyway, week is done and weekend is here down under. Thank you Goldfrapp for lifting my mood! :relaxed:

Yes, my naimee, proacs and rels also play a big part. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

13 Likes

Portico Quartet
Next Stop

Released today, I love the atmosphere.

4 Likes

Have not listened to this for ages. Love it and reminds me of when I saw them at the Marquee during their London Blitz 3 gig performances in London.

10 Likes

Hey @igahman did Steve Earle ever sign your record?

2 Likes

14 Likes

Covering William Bell with Scratch at the controls

20220318_083326

:heart::heart:

4 Likes

Bowie Ziggy Stardust

32 Likes

Concepts In Unity / Grupo Folklorico y Experimental Nuevayorquino

2 Likes

I’m intrigued. I’m going to have to hunt that out and have a listen to that note!

1 Like

@Debs when remembering my very first play of that LP - Still Life Talking, (at the time on my Sondek / Ittok / Troika) it has been remarkable to observe and enjoy PM’s continued high quality of music over the last 30+ years when arriving at this, his latest excellent recording.

Pat Metheny Side Eye NYC V1.1V / 2021 Modern / Germany CD / 538693922

11 Likes

Crock of Gold - A Few Rounds with Shane MacGowan.

Heads up chaps for Beeb 4, at 23.45 tonight.

"Julien Temple has earned his reputation as punk’s documentary laureate, having essayed the careers of Joe Strummer, the Sex Pistols and Wilko Johnson.

This film finds him taking on another rabble-rousing musician, Shane MacGowan, the founder and original singer of the Pogues."

:+1:

5 Likes

Joe Walsh But Seriously Folks

19 Likes

Unknown
Its a sunny morning and I have found this again! Groovy man!
It is Herbie Mann London Underground, It really is wonderful. A crack team of British players with him. From 1974.

5 Likes