What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

The thinking man’s Pink Floyd album Meddle :grin:

30 Likes

Cannonball Adderley With Milt Jackson Things Are Getting Better / 2006 Riverside / EU CD / 0025218603225

10 Likes

It’s funny you should mention that :joy:

8 Likes

81lvG6i4o6L.SS500
The Rolling Stones - Get Yer Ya-Ya’s Out!, Mick and the boys absolutely rocking and the system is sounding spot on. Yes, of course it is, as I am having to dismantle it on Sunday, as the room it resides in is being decorated next week. Typical, or is it all in the mind? :slightly_smiling_face:

14 Likes

Michael Franks - The Camera Never Lies

Following the mentions from Debs and Geoff, I found this on Qobuz. I only have one Michael Franks album, Abandoned Garden, which I bought when I was living in London and heard it played frequently by Helen Mayhew on Jazz FM.

4 Likes

St Germain Des Prés Vinyl Sessions Blues Café / 2014 Music Brokers / Mexico CD x 2 / MBB7170

A quality blues compliation, that doesn’t give you the blues!

6 Likes

The Smiths - Meat is Murder - 1985

Second of the four studio albums (and only three were released before the band split). Suggestive red vinyl, of course.

7 Likes

Beeethoven Piano Concertos nos. 1 & 4, Brendel, VPO, Rattle

11 Likes

Lunchtime, but hey…

G

22 Likes

It’s Friday, and I’m tied to the laptop for the next few hours, but never mind, Mr. Sunshine is smiling down on North Yorks. so, as usual, Alpha Boys’ School Radio is providing some sunshiney sounds to go with my upbeat mood. :jamaica: :sun_with_face:

5 Likes

Such harmonies…

G

15 Likes

Who cares how much of this was actually recorded in the studio it’s still one of the greatest live albums ever recorded

Thin Lizzy - Live & Dangerous

And there’s only one rule it has to be played very very loud

25 Likes

Midlake - For the sake of Bethel Woods. Just released today. This is definitely a return to form for Midlake

6 Likes

'Round about mid day…

20220318_124501

Parked up overlooking the sea, sunshine n azure sky, chilling to this

:heart:

14 Likes

Arvo Pärt – Alina
CD rip | 1999

Easing into the day with this peaceful album.

4 Likes

I bet you did that yourself dintchya?

1 Like

81-f+2IAegL.SS500
Status Quo - Quo.

14 Likes

Mrs Dread already has!

I dunno, first sign of sun and…Ow! That hurt!

1 Like

Folks often listen for things like more; detail, sparkle, bass, separation and so on when ‘testing’ a system or upgrade. For me this album has such an innate groove that if the system catches it properly, then it’s on fire!

G

17 Likes

Robert Plant - Band of Joy
CD rip | 2010

21 Likes