What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Recorded in '64 by Bob Thiele, and released in 1985, a double Japanese LP from his Dukeness.

6 Likes

:heart:

2 Likes

Blue Nile: Hats. A pint of London Pride & A pint of Landlord feeling no pain :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Foo Fighters’ disco alter ego :wink:

5 Likes

The pineapple thief , your wilderness
The_Pineapple_Thief_Your_Wilderness_Cover_Art

12 Likes

The Carpenters, love songs. So nice to start Sunday morning down under with this and thinking “I need to be in love” was Karen’s fav. :relaxed:

11 Likes

High calibre, all-star US hip hop.

Czarface meets Metal Face: Czarface/MF Doom.

1 Like

Grant Green - Grants First Stand (very nice records series/Blue Note)

Cool 1960 or thereabouts Soul Jazz session, its *not a TP, maybe a BN 80 or Classic, not sure, lets just say its a very nice record! Baby Face Willette on organ whoes Tone Poet Blue Note re issue (sorry cant remember title off slightly intoxicated head) is an essential highlight imo

*Edit: it is a Tone Poet

9 Likes

Big Fun - Miles & gang.

Great Expectations, what a track. All 27mins of it.

8 Likes

8 Likes

2 Likes

1998- James Solberg // L.A. Blues

3 Likes

My Favourite B-52’s album - with some of their most touching and delicate lyrics like Strobe Light’s "I want to kiss your…pineapple!

And they say that romance is dead. Party on!

1 Like

I didn’t find it awful on first listen! I did have it on in a different room, whilst I washed up, though, so not ideal circumstances!

I found a 1976 release of this still in its original wrapping, unopened. I opened it

So relaxing ….

1 Like

8 Likes

Elton John Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy

18 Likes

The last album before I pack my main system up and it goes into storage for 18 months or so :cry::cry::cry:

Had to think hard about which album to play last and as Lou Reed is a fav and Blue Mask is one his best it includes the track My House which seems appropriate.

13 Likes

Led Zeppelin, Led Zep III (2014), cd rip

Following LZ I yesterday am.

23 Likes