What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Marillion, An Hour Before It’s Dark

10 Likes

I’m sure that was reviewed way way back in the old Hi-Fi Review mag - the one Chris Frankland did with Malcolm Steward after “the flat response". Loved that mag - yes it was totally biased in Linn/Naim’s favour and you took what it said with a pinch of salt - but to me the rest of the mags were often much the same in the opposite direction - and I didn’t (still don’t) care for measurements etc. basically because I didn’t understand them. My ears told me what I liked and that was good enough for me.
And I did like the music reviews - They got me into Miles Davi’s, Marcus Miller, Stanley Clarke, Chick Corea, Luther Vandross - so it wasn’t all bad.

4 Likes

Having a bit of a late 60s/early 70s Miles phase.

At Fillmore (1970).

11 Likes

New album due out shortly.

1 Like

John Blues Boyd - What My Eyes Have Seen

4 Likes

3 Likes

Idling in the sunny garden again with some more Grant Green

Grant Green - Street Of Dreams (Tidal/Blue Note)

:heart:

11 Likes

Yes - Close to the Edge - 1972

First play of this, never really been a ‘yes man’, but really enjoying it as the rib of beef gets prepped.

21 Likes

John Campbell - One Believer

7 Likes

Andy Hamilton And The Blue Notes (Tidal/World Circuit)

Prompted by discussion (@Stokie) on the UK Jazz thread. The brilliant Jamaican born saxophonist and activist who became a key figure on the Birmingham music scene and beyond.
Supported here by some other great UK players Andy Sheppard, Jean Tousaint, Jason Rebello, Orphy Robertson, Mamdi Kamara, Nana Tsiboe and one Mick Hucknall providing vocals on You Are Too Beautiful

:heart:

5 Likes

71GhwuaWVzL.SS500
Ry Cooder - Show Time.

12 Likes

:+1: if you check TomTom Audio website they have a section on The Flat Response

1 Like

51F-wjsiMhL.AC

1 Like

Maria as Norma

6 Likes

Several hours of Mothers Day cooking has enabled me to set the controls for galaxy prog rock …

Gong - You - 1974
Gong_You_1974

6 Likes

B.B. King - One Kind Favor

15 Likes

Legend! An oft missed performance is the big man at Live Aid 1985 … two acts nailed it, and the other one was Queen.
sddefault

9 Likes

On clear vinyl from the Close Up Series box set… :sunglasses: :notes: :grinning:

11 Likes

Regrettably BB was the most dreadful act I’ve ever seen live and I’ve seen a few.

He had some guy come on who had a Lucille guitar riffing about and crowd who didn’t know any better thought this guy was BB - that was just not right.

Then when the man came on it was 99% boring jawing and about 1% playing. Talk about a legend he was a disgrace.

2 Likes