What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Olivier Libeaux
Uncovered Queens Of The Stone Age

At some point I perhaps should hear the QOTSA originals of the songs but with versions this seductive and subtle, I’m afraid of disappointment.

2 Likes

It’s A Wonderful World - Spike Robinson/Roy Williams.

Picked this up today in an antiques shop. Noticed it was “mastered by Kevin Gray”, a fair while before that became a selling point.

3 Likes

Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway - 1974

I think I know what it is now after many plays, some of the album is a bit too Andrew Lloyd Webber for my liking. Doesn’t have the majesty of Foxtrot etc. … I’ll get my coat …

14 Likes

I’m with you. For some reason I have both vinyl and CD versions and every time I play them I decide that’s the last time for me. I find the albums too long. The good songs I like a lot, but in between there is a lot a don’t care for.

Like you I prefer Foxtrot, NC, ToTT

2 Likes

Its abit of a grower, starting to like alot of the more melodic tracks after more listens.

1 Like

Been there … the great George Benson in Manchester around 15 years ago. Left all his great guitarwork at home and played karaoki. Shame.

1 Like

It’s a pity as both George B and BB have done some great stuff and deserve their praise.

2 Likes

Floresta Canto - Phil Woods/w Chris Gunning & Orchestra. (1976).

1 Like

11 Likes

1969 - Blodwyn Pig // Ahead Rings Out

13 Likes

Enjoying the debut from rising JA talent Koffee, intelligent Dancehall, RnB, Lovers and Reggae. Nice upfull vibes flowing through this

Koffee - Gifted (Streaming/CD/LP)

Alex Petridis album of the week

:heart:

2 Likes

Companion | 1999
A lightly chilled Patricia Barber to start off this wonderful early evening sun and warmth. :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Yes, I think you’ll be needing your coat!

1 Like

Earlier, The Honey Dewdrops - Light Behind Light
CD|2022

Now playing Brandi Carlile - In These Silent Days
CD|2021

6 Likes

It’s an album I would so like to love being a Genesis fan. The fence is too tall alas.

Played upstream (Kevster, I think?) earlier this week.

Superb.

11 Likes

After the ignominy of criticising 'The Lamb… ’ going more modern. Lovely stuff.

Radiohead - In Rainbows - 2007

16 Likes

Keep at it! Whilst I adore Foxtrot, Nursery Cryme, Live, TOTT and even Selling England, for me the Lamb is their magnum opus.

5 Likes

Ill Considered - Liminal Space (Tidal)

Continuing to enjoy this and for me one of the best albums that I’ve heard coming from the UK “Jazz” scene recently

I’m thinking its a little like what Sons Of Kemet might have been before they started treading water, due in part I think to Theon Cross’s contribution to this album

Capturing a moment of transformation for the group, Liminal Space not only features a new core line-up of Idris Rahman (saxophone), Liran Donin (bass) and Emre Ramazanoglu (drums), but also sees Ill Considered bounce their live-wire style off a range of collaborators such as Collocutor’s Tamar Osborn, Steam Down saxophonist Ahnanse, tuba player Theon Cross and percussionist Sarathy Korwar.

:heart:

3 Likes

Little Axe - Bought For A Dollar Sold For A Dime.

Blues … … … but different.

Skip ‘Little Axe’ McDonald, aided by bassist Doug Wimbish, drummer Keith LeBlanc and singers Bernard Fowler and Ken Boothe.

This guy is good.

7 Likes