What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

5 Likes

EG Kight - Southern Comfort

A veritable Blues belter.

Another @johnt posting if I’m not mistaken. Man’s got taste.

5 Likes

Try the Trio Sessions album.

Mantronix The Album (1985).

Electro/hip hop still sounding great.

5 Likes

As posted by @frenchrooster on another thread, he posted that Touraj of TT fame played this album at a dealer customer event. Great compilation👍

7 Likes

Lord Huron - Strange Trails
CD|2015

6 Likes

Jazz Impressions Of Japan.

9 Likes

Chicago V and Chicago VI
The first studio albums not released as double vinyl so I’m playing them back to back.

I’ve found that by placing my left thumb in my mouth I can play along to most of the brass parts.

11 Likes

Genesis - We Can’t Dance

(Appologies for the lousy iPhone pic …)

14 Likes

A1paB3RNigL.SS500
Eagles - Their Greatest Hits 1971-1975, not a massive fan of the early stuff, so this does just fine.

18 Likes

Some thoughtful and well executed Zappa covers.

3 Likes

Jazz Is Dead 8/Brian Jackson

2 Likes

Simon and Garfunkel - Live Tonight American Radio Broadcast - Tidal 16/44
It’s a short set, I don’t know if it’s a boot or official release, released a couple of weeks ago, from the cover shot and the set list probably recorded around ‘68/‘69. No revelatory performances, but those harmonies and Simon’s songs can’t fail.

12 Likes

Agnes Obel, philharmonics. :relaxed:

13 Likes

Simon & Garfunkel - Sounds of Silence - Tidal 16/44
Back to the originals, and possibly the patchiest of their studio albums. But even so folk-rock songs ranging from very good to all-time great sung by two great singers with perfect harmonies make for a superb album.

22 Likes

Some Jackie McLean, on headphones.
Great Tone Poet reissue.

9 Likes

Simon & Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water -Tidal 16/44
Last album before bed, and more S&G. A folk-rock masterpiece, some all-time songs, sung so well, and a feeling of peace that is important in these times.

22 Likes

Bobbie Gentry, patchwork. :relaxed:

9 Likes

Well, I’ll be… I’ve been looking all over for this. Went to one of the boxes by sheer chance, that I’d looked at twice before, and there it is, obvious as heck and looking at me like “what?!”…and, @Dreadatthecontrols , it is a gatefold. So I was thinking of Duke Ellington Meets Coleman Hawkins single sleeve after all.

It’s not as old as I thought it was either. Says Limited Edition on the label and has a barcode on the cover. GEO in the deadwax. No idea… thought I’d had it for ages but that must have been the Hawkins album, which has been with me a long time. Sheesh.
Got to play it now I’ve found it!

Edit/ a 1997 release apparently (Discogs and inner gatefold small print)…so I’ve had it a fair while (sometime in the 2000’s, but not early).
Sounds good to me, so I’ll not buy the re-reissue I reckon.

14 Likes

Sonny Rollins - Saxophone Colossus, Prestige Mono RE. (2017)

Cut by Kevin Gray at Cohearant and pressed at Quality Record Pressing.

10 Likes