What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

‘Be Yourself Tonight’ - The Eurythmics

beyourselftonight

20 Likes

Chet Baker, Chet. :relaxed:

8 Likes

Pink Floyd, wish you were here. :relaxed:

31 Likes

Rodrigo y Gabriela (self-titled album) produced by John Leckie.

20 Likes

3 Likes

51eYxIk2OUL.AC
Bill Wyman’s Rhythm Kings - Anyway The Wind Blows.

7 Likes

5 Likes

Continuing the discussion from What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested:

Felix leband ,dark days exit

2 Likes

New Placebo album growing on me, not least as a result of the intensity of the following description from Brian Molko

“I began writing the lyrics when I discovered my neighbors were spying on me on behalf of parties with a nefarious agenda. I then began to ponder the countless ways in which our privacy has been eroded and stolen since the introduction of worldwide CCTV cameras that now employ racist facial recognition technologies; the rise of the internet and the cellphone, which has turned practically every user into a paparazzo and spectators in their own lives, and how we have mostly all offered up personal information to enormous multinationals whose sole intent is to exploit us.

I used the cut-up technique invented by William S Burroughs and popularized in modern song by David Bowie. It’s a true story told through a lens of paranoia, complete disgust for modern society’s values and the deification of surveillance capitalism. The narrator is at the end of their tether, hopeless and afraid, completely at odds with our newfound progress and the god of money.”

Physical media inbound from Piccadilly Records. If that’s not ironic.

5 Likes

Listening to, and watching, Bruce Springsteen concert live from Asbury Park, 2009. On Sky Arts, and available on ‘catch up’. Excellent stuff.

10 Likes

Now playing…

Joe Henderson - So Near, So Far (Musings For Miles)

Joe Henderson (Tenor Saxophone), Dave Holland (Bass), John Scofield (Guitar) and Al Foster (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this afternoon with this fabulous album from Joe and this talented quartet and they are sounding sublime! …one very sweet album.

10 Likes

Old school Moog magic from a synth master on SACD:

11 Likes

Crumbs, sounds so much better - wider soundstage, so much more relaxed:

6 Likes

Continuing with Talk Talk, just one of those sublime albums you can’t figure out why you’ve not played in a while:

15 Likes

An interesting story about this is that Van didn’t actually play the concert just the rehearsal but the film makers edited it to look as though Chet and Van played in front of the audience together.

Elvis Costello who did actually perform in front of the audience bumped into Van on his way to rehearsals and Van asked if he could tag along he then duets with Chet sings this amazing song but fails to turn up for the gig that night.

Funny Van did a Chet on Chet Baker who was well known for not turning up for concerts.

2 Likes

Hi @ewemon is this a Pre Release of the Deluxe Edition reissue due out in April?

Blues In Orbit/Duke Ellington

11 Likes

VSOP - Five Stars

Herbie Hancock
Freddie Hubbard
Wayne Shorter
Ron Carter
Tony Williams

10 Likes

Black, Brown and Beige/Duke Ellington ft Mahalia Jackson.

Top drawer Duke composition.

15 Likes

Benny Golson - Turning Point

Really fine hardbop session and great sound too. Playing from Qobuz.

4 Likes