What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Dont know anything about it but looks interesting

1 Like

I’ve actially been there, I had neighbours that were plod who claimed to work in “intelligence” they accused my lifestyle as being “immoral”, caused me a lot of aggravation, thankfully they’ve now p*ssed off somewhere else. :joy:

2 Likes

As mentioned in an earlier post, from the In.Digg.Nation Collective

Lila Ike - The Experience (Tidal/RCA/In.Digg.Nation Collective)

:heart:

1 Like

Some down tempo electronica from a chap new to me.

3 Likes

I found Max Cooper by happy coincidence, Qobuz, decided a bit of One Hundred Billion Sparks was the right thing to play after a Portico Quartet album finished. See also Jon Hopkins!

1 Like

Indeed, was thinking posting jon hopkins as a reference for others, definitely has that feel to it.

1 Like

Some people have too much time on their hands, and/or have strange delusions - “intelligence” - quite X)

11 Likes

Vol. 3, States Of Being, on red vinyl… :notes: :sunglasses: :+1:
I must say they have done a great job with this collection, flat, quiet vinyl, coloured as well!! :grin:

10 Likes

Various Artists. Zabriskie Point.
Recently watched film which although 60s arty, I still like.
Can’t find on streaming so fired up CD player.
Some interesting artists and tracks. Worth seeking out.

12 Likes

Bob Dylan - Bootleg Series Vols. 1-3

I had only intended to listen to the three tracks from Blood on the Tracks, but here I am still an hour later…

17 Likes

On CD:-

31Up8JIbIZL._AC_1

King Crimson - Starless And Bible Black - 30th Anniversary Edition

13 Likes

My Morning Jacket – Acoustic Citsuoca
CD rip | 2004

4 Likes

I saw George B a couple of times in the mid 80s. Thought he was excellent. Yes, more Pop than Jazz but good evenings.

In this case I think they had a combined IQ score countable on one hand. Intelligence! :rofl: I did enjoy winding them up feeding their thoughts of what immoral activity was going on in Dread mansions!

2 Likes

Last one of the set: Vol. 4, Songs Of Family, on strawberry milkshake coloured vinyl… :grin: :sunglasses: :notes:

7 Likes

It’s a superb and rather eclectic collection of works that Shosta’ produced during the upheaval years of the 1930s. A wide variety of classic styles, and that occasionally boarder into jazz.

The CD is still available via Amazon brand new for 6 quid, or 2 quid pre-owned.
A anon reviewer on Amazon uk has awarded it just one star, but no reasons why stated. For my money this is definitely 5 star territory, interesting musically, with excellent interpretations from the City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra performing in 1992 in what was then the recently opened Symphony Hall in Birmingham, England. Nothing not to like here, the recordings are top drawer too. Recommended :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

<>

BTW, just as an oddity; but the dagger shown on the cover art is identical to one i was gifted, and that originated from one of those kitsch shops found at coastal holiday resorts - Hayling Island in this case iirc c1975. A bizarre gift from my parents on their return!
The dagger in question i believe is a product of India.
I bet those gift shops don’t sell stuff like that anymore :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Thanks Debs, The Hypothetically Murdered is what caught my eye. My late father was big on Shostakovitch, I have a big case full of his mostly Classical CD’s I’ve yet to delve into

1 Like

Tame Impala – Currents
CD rip | 2015

6 Likes

@gthack
One of a few favourites my former neighbours used to enjoy me selecting.

A bit childish maybe but bloody hilarious at the time

1 Like