What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Did I ever tell you about my shoplifting Ducks from a motorway service gift shop? No, thats probably too much information already :rofl:

Edit: @Debs found this on Tidal, looks the same I think, but I prefer the sleeve on your CD

:heart:

3 Likes

Bob Dylan - More Blood, More Tracks

After playing the original and then the Bootleg 1-3, it had to be this, which is the best of all the bootlegs, but still not as good as the rare NY Tapes version, which sadly I don’t have.

16 Likes

Prompted by @CliveB on the UK Jazz Thread

Pirates Anthem

From the excellent Greensleeves 12" Rulers Series - Gussie Clarke Music Works productions
Streaming on Tidal Master (other platforms and CD available)

:heart:

1 Like

Saw GB in Hawaii in 1979. Opening act was a band called Seawind. Probably one of the most boring shows of my life. Halfway through GB I was actually sleeping.

Mark Knopfler and Chet Atkins - Neck and Neck

17 Likes

The Thorns. Only album. CD.

• Matthew Sweet – vocals, bass, acoustic and electric guitar, vihuela, baritone ukulele, marxophone, keyboards, percussion
  • Shawn Mullins – vocals, acoustic and electric guitars, vihuela, keyboards, percussion, dulcimer
  • Pete Droge – vocals, acoustic, electric and baritone guitar, ukelin, keyboards, cymbals
  • Jim Keltner – drums

10 Likes

Ray Wylie Hubbard, Co Starring -Too. Qobuz. Uniti Atom HE.

4 Likes

Ex:Re – Ex:Re
CD rip | 2019

Indie Rock

1 Like

The Cactus Blossoms - One Day

2 Likes

Been a long time since I . . . played this record.

(I’m halfway through side two now, and I’d forgotten how visceral, funky and “global” sounding this record is in places. Perfection).

21 Likes

Zakir Hussain - Making Music

Astonishing album of Indian / western crossover ‘jazz’. I’ve never heard it sounding so good before either. The 808s seem to respond favourably!

10 Likes

Average White Band - Cut The Cake

13 Likes

Chvrches – Every Open Eye
CD rip | 2015

4 Likes

H.C. McEntire - Eno Axis

7 Likes

The Concert For Bangladesh, decided to play this after seeing @Clive ’ post regarding Zakir Hussain and being reminded he is the son of the great Alla Rakha. So, it’s time to listen to the Ravi Shankar portion, then perhaps I will play it all.

16 Likes

Jennifer Warnes - Famous Blue Raincoat

As the lady says ‘Ain’t No Cure for Love’ except more of it. Just reminding myself.

Phil

16 Likes

Ravi’s comments are priceless if I recall it goes something like Ravi plays a bit then the Madison Square Gardens crowd go absolutely wild with applause to which Ravi says along the lines of “If you enjoyed the tuning up so much I am sure you will in enjoy the rest of the music”.

4 Likes

Nothing but approval for inventive trolling of nosy neighbours through the medium of music from me X)

1 Like

Yes, they are, always raises a little chuckle, even though I know they are coming :grin:

1 Like

Long overdue return from the surreal post punksters - HMHB The Voltarol Years. All forum members suffering with the virus should be cheered up by Token Covid Song. The image of Kelvin McKenzie and Nicholas Witchell dumped In A Suffolk Ditch is also curiously reassuring!

3 Likes