What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Sylvan Esso - Free Love
CD rip | 2020

2 Likes

Gogo Penguin.
Had this on repeat over the weekend. Stunningly good.
They seem to be carrying on where E.S.T. left off (sadly ended too soon)

6 Likes

Bowes and Morley. 2002 CD. Excellent album released when Thunder was being rested. A bit less Rock, a bit more Soul.

1 Like

The harpist Catrin Finch and kora player Seckou Keita have released two albums previously. This one, to be released at the end of May, completes the trilogy, and very lovely it is.

5 Likes

Something a little different from this morning’s listening.
Morcheeba - Big Calm
CD rip | 1998

21 Likes

The Morcheeba boys used to live round the corner from me in Saltwood.

1 Like

Dinah and Quincy, on CD. 'Nuff said!

10 Likes

Now playing…

Joe Henderson - Page One

Joe Henderson (Tenor Saxophone), Kenny Dorham (Trumpet), Pete La Roca (Drums), McCoy Tyner (Piano) and Butch Warren (Bass).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… kicking off this Tuesday morning with Joe while enjoying a cup of coffee with a bowl of Cherrios w/banana and blueberries and Joe and his talented quintet are sounding sublime!

13 Likes

8 Likes

Bob Marley & The Wailers - Exodus.

Remastered, expanded, imported, etc, etc. … … … who cares, really? … … … just great choons with a relentless reggae beat.

Fab.

25 Likes

Folder
I’m just listening to this one - very good !

11 Likes

Now Playing…

Zakir Hussain - Making Music

Zakir Hussain (Tabla, Percussion, Voice), Hariprasad Chaurasia (Flutes), John McLaughlin (Acoustic Guitar) and Jan Garbarek (Tenor Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… a mention from @Clive above had me place in the queue since I have not given this album a spin in quite awhile… and Zakir and this very talented quartet are sounding mighty sweet! …one beautiful album.

8 Likes

Jazz Is Dead 7/Joāo Donato

Another sure fire rhythmic hit!

2 Likes

Just listening to this old thing again - it came on the other day on random - bloody hell @anon4489532 that NAPSC is amazing the difference is the old Cliché night & day - where’s my HiCap Mr Postie?

Added photo so you’d know what the old thing was - and I’m still waiting postie

:rage:

5 Likes

I’m still feeling ropey on day 9 of Covid, hopefully this will cheer me up. It’s such a happy sounding record.

5 Likes

Oh ive got quite a playlist! The opening line from Ian Dury Plaistow Patricia, The Small Faces Lazy Sunday Afternoon…and many more greatest un neighbourly hits :rofl:

1 Like

The Stones rolling sensationally on SACD. These Stones discs are sooo good.

23 Likes

Joan Baez - Gracias a La Vida

10 Likes

Now playing…

Dave Holland - Good Hope

Dave Holland (Double Bass), Zakir Hussain (Tabla) and Chris Potter (Soprano Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this morning with Dave, Zakir and Chris as I start up today’s exercise routine and the music is sounding sublime!

6 Likes

More Adrian Younge/American Negro

cf. the subtitle to Duke Ellington’s Black, Brown & Beige.

(Though it does sound better at the intended 45rpm, than the 33rpm I started out with!).

4 Likes