What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

A great act live and one of my favourites of their albums. Roger Dean’s artwork on the cover is a bonus too!

16 Likes

Traffic | Mr. Fantasy | 1967/1999
Not a bad line up for this 55 year old. This 1999 release has both stereo and mono versions with some bonus tracks.

“For the recording, group members included Jim Capaldi, Steve Winwood, Chris Wood, and Dave Mason, however Mason left the band before the album was released. The album reached the number 16 position in the UK album chart on 30 December 1967.” - Discogs blurb

13 Likes

The Stone Roses - Second Coming

John Squire doing his Jimmy Page stuff.

11 Likes

17 Likes

The first gig I ever went to was Uriah Heep supported by Def Leppard, at St.George’s Hall, Bradford, in 1979 or 80! I was 14 or 15, and the sheer volume was exhilarating. Can’t remember anything else about the music.

My elder brother, a big Heep fan, took me. I also had my first ever proper curry after the gig, at the Karachi, probably. A good double debut, live music & great food.

5 Likes

Hope you’re feeling better Nigel.

1 Like

‘Mingus, Mingus, Mingus, Mingus, Mingus’ – Charles Mingus

Impulse 60th/Acoustic Sounds reissue

11 Likes

Ian Carr Double Quintet - Solar Session, Jazz in Britain (2021)

Most Progressive British Jazz isn’t really my thing but this 10" from the wonderful people at Jazz in Britain is something special and once you realise these are not Audiophile releases but tape transfers from enthusiasts personal collections it’s really quite an accomplishment to revive these exceptionally rare recordings and to get them sounding as good as this.

More so when it’s done without profit in my mind but for the love of the music and a desire to share it with other enthusiasts.

10 Likes

Ten years After | Ssssh | 1969
Coz you’ve got to keep these boys music alive and kicking.

13 Likes

Hope you’re feeling better soon HH.
Try this. Always puts smile on my face.

Nancy Sinatra. Start walking 1965-1976. :sunglasses:

14 Likes

Thought that would wake you up @davidng
:upside_down_face:

1 Like

Alela Diane, live at the map room.
Good morning @igahman. :wink: Nancy. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Get well soon @anon4489532. Take care. :pray:

7 Likes

Now at that time Trevor (from Mars) Bolder would have been on bass in the Heep.

1 Like

1 Like

He @anon4489532 has got about two weeks to get better for the great Kevin Montgomery.

51M829aK25L.AC
Steve Winwood, his first solo release.

18 Likes

I’m still filling pretty awful, it just goes on and on. Kevin might be wonderful, but ticket sales are the opposite. Come along. Bring your friends.

Do you know I am half tempted. Funny you’re at one end of the A259 and I’m at the other.

I used to see Kevin when he came over to London and played in the City around 2008.

His dad was a mate of Elvis Presley and his mum sang backing vocals on Suspicious Minds.

He will put on a great show.

Hi Ian,
Cool. I will have to check this one out.

BR,
pat

Nancy Sinatra, kid stuff. @anon4489532 hope this gives you a lift. :relaxed:

7 Likes