What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Yes, I believe so.

As mentioned after Michael Chapman died, Trevor was a musician friend of my uncle, Keith Hird, who founded Fairview Studios, nr Hull, and who recorded many of the bands from the area, The Rats and countless others amongst them. Though I think it was the two Micks not Trevor in that particular combo.

1 Like

Portrait Of The Bird - Charlie Parker.

5 Likes

1975 - The Eleventh House feat. Larry Coryell

9 Likes

71gBOidQzOL.SS500
Don Henley - The End Of The Innocence.

19 Likes

….& I bet you’ve enjoyed many live gigs & currys since!
I saw Heep around the same time. 78 / 79 on their Fallen Angel tour and again less than a couple of years later on their Tenth Anniversary tour - Conquest (supported by Girlschool).

9 Likes

Pure Prairie League - Bustin’ Out

Track 2 - the wonderful ‘Angel No. 9’

4 Likes

Roxy Music, Avalon. :relaxed:

28 Likes

The highest of production values allows this amazing sounding Marcos Valle LP to simply ooze out of the speakers.

4 Likes

Now playing…

Charles Lloyd - Sangam

Charles Lloyd (Saxophone, Tarogato, Flute, Piano, Percussion), Zakir Hussain (Tabla, Percussion) and Eric Harland (Drums, Percussion, Piano).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this Tuesday afternoon with Charles, Zakir and Eric and this fabulous trio are sounding sublime! Completed today’s exercises and helped my wife with a few chores so sitting back and relaxing for awhile. I have not had this album out for some time and it needs to be see the light of day on a more frequent basis. So much music, so little time…

7 Likes

Goldfrapp, head first. :relaxed:

13 Likes

Jellybean

Nice album, but I remember it sounded a lot better on vinyl. :pouting_cat:

3 Likes

CD - EMI 2002 : )

Happy Birthday Norah Jones! :birthday: :balloon: :balloon:

born in Brooklyn, New York, USA on 30th March 1979 :us:

23 Likes

T.Viswanathan/
L.Shankar/
T.Ranganathan

A tangential link to Norah via her father, and also to upstream Zakir Hussein, I’m playing this on a rain-streaked, cold, West Yorks morning.

Pallavi:South Indian Flute Music.

4 Likes

Peter Frampton - Comes Alive!

I had Do You Feel Like We Do in my head for what seems like all of last night.

15 Likes

Maria Muldaur - Maria Muldaur

Great bunch of musicians on this album including Ry, Klaus and Spooner.

13 Likes

Then as the song goes

“Well, woke up this morning
With a wine glass in my hand”

1 Like

By Chris Wheatley

A mouth-watering release Radio Waves drops this February 22nd in the form of a thirteen-track album of unearthed live-in-studio radio recordings from Joan Osborne, hand-picked from one-hundred-plus appearances, released via her imprint Womanly Hips Records. Following the release of her 2020 critically acclaimed Trouble and Strife, Osborne was forced to cancel her tour and spent lockdown visiting back burner projects. The result is the glorious Radio Waves.

7 Likes

On vinyl… :+1: :notes: :sunglasses:

23 Likes

Another nice Mr Bongo :+1:

Just curious, are you fully jabbed? I just ask as Covid is a particular high risk to Mrs Dread and a bit anxious that apparently even when jabbed you can still get ill.

Sorry for momentary drift, folks