What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Jackie Leven’s snappily titled The Mystery of Love Is Greater Than The Mystery of Death. Not the first Jackie album I usually turn to, so it’s overdue a listen and it does contain the wonderful songs Farm Boy and Call Mother A Lonely Field.

11 Likes

Plus unexpected take on Say a Little Prayer.

4 Likes

Indeed! In a similar vein, perhaps, to his cover of You’ve Lost That Loving Feeling on his later record, Defending Ancient Springs.

4 Likes

Some easy listening this afternoon with aldous harding.

2 Likes

Lord Huron - Long Lost
CD rip | 2021

5 Likes

Out-there Herbie, on CD:

11 Likes

Future Sound of London - Lifeforms - 1994
CD Rip

12 Likes

Now Playing…

Charles Lloyd - Notes From Big Sur

Charles Lloyd (Tenor Saxophone), Anders Jormin (Bass, Double Bass), Ralph Peterson (Drums) and Bobo Stenson (Piano).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… kicking off this Wednesday morning with Charles and this fine Quartet and the music is sounding sublime! A lovely way to ease into the day… beautiful…

6 Likes

Grim outside so warming up with one of my faves from last year - Irreversible Entanglements Open the Gates. As the blurb says “Ethereal, dynamic & expansive free jazz meditations manifest coruscating portals of aqueous regeneration; a collectivist ultra-sonic healing conveyance” - can’t disagree with that but I say funky free jazz with pomze intoned on top. Fab either way.

4 Likes

Good luck hang in there :heart:

More of the Herbster being out there, this ime on SACD:

11 Likes

Nice twofer selection!
The cover image is referencing original Studio One Ska Authentic album

:heart:

5 Likes

A relaxing medley of piano pieces to pass the rainy afternoon.

2 Likes

Caribou - Swim
CD rip | 2010

3 Likes

I will be looking to further my education with this suggestion - but not b4 giving Star One - vol 1 & 3 a good listening too first - read somewhere they are rather more melodic and a little less …. Loud than Star One?

Here’s an unusual conundrum - I don’t know if you can shed any light. The latest offering from Star One has 2 discs - same tracks and music but different singers/vocals. When I rip to the Core they “overwrite” each other even when I change the metadata for album/artist/track - it seems they are identical! I didn’t think you could get identical discs - I would have thought that somewhere the 1’s and 0’s would have different values - but it seems not - have you or anyone else ever found this?

Just arrived home to have Mrs Dread tell me the shocking news of the murder, in an apparent horrific drive by shooting, of Tabby from the truly legendary Mighty Diamonds vocal trio.
Their mid seventies Right Time album is rightfully hailed as a classic in the Roots harmony trio tradition.

He recieved I’m told gunshots to the face, I hope they get the perpetrators of this wicked act!

RIP & Respect due Tabby Diamond

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

6 Likes

John Martyn | The Church With One Bell | 1998
Just fancied something by this man.

18 Likes

1978 - The Band // The Last Waltz

19 Likes

Conversations from a long marriage on R4

An OMGH (an older man with great hair) attempts to avoid pratfalls over plans to meet “the Mick and Marianne of Tooting Bec”.

4 Likes