What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Started off so well - now just bickering.

1 Like

A nice cover for this nice bunch of covers.

12 Likes

Eric Clapton | 461 Ocean Boulevard | 1974
There has been some fine music played here in the past 24 hours, I’m catching up and joining @Debs to celebrate ol’ slow hands’ birthday. This is my personal favourite album of his.

24 Likes

Thanks for the heads up, missed this one.

2 Likes

Andrew Hill - Passing Ships

I’m listening to it on Qobuz, trying to persuade myself that I don’t need to buy the Tone Poet version and failing miserably.

8 Likes

Sorry, @SimonDC , I cannot help regarding ‘ripping’. I barely know what it is…

Ayreon is more prog, less metal - than Star One. But there are similarities… Esp. in the musicians. In both cases, Arjan writes and plays almost everything… :astonished:

From the 77-81 box set, various Gang of Four rehearsals and demos on cassette. Variable quality, but a good listen.

4 Likes

Now Playing…

Charles Lloyd and the Marvels - I Long To See You

Charles Lloyd (tenor saxophone, alto flute); Bill Frisell (guitar), Greg Leisz (steel guitar), Reuben Rogers (bass), Eric Harland (drums), Willie Nelson (voice) and Norah Jones (voice).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… after running a couple of quick errands, returning home and continuing on with Charles Lloyd and the Marvels. Charles and the talented group of musicians are sounding sublime! Charles turned 84 on March 15th and hopes he keeps on going strong, just a fantastic musician!

11 Likes

No worries - re ripping!

Gonna sit down in a bit and put in some quality listening time - now that HiCap and NAPSC are in and “warming up” - realise it will be a while before they are hot - but sounding none too shabby in tepid mode! Only niggle is that the Logo on HiCap is rather feint! Is that what is referred to as logo bleed or is that something else entirely?

Sylvan Esso - What Now
CD rip | 2017

Indie pop. Enjoyable album I haven’t listened to in a long while.

3 Likes
13 Likes

King Crimson | 1969/2009
This particular one is from the 40th Anniversary 4 CD (An Observation By King Crimson). Wonderful.

19 Likes

Streaming to my phone and headphones….

24 Likes

Right lads let’s get this evening started….

Gosh that sounds rather splendid - I better not write what I was going to but you know what I mean!

Goosebumps already - that’s why I love my music!

8 Likes

On CD…

25 Likes

A little old school smoothness

2 Likes

2 Likes

Most of thisd due out 8th April.

3 Likes

Archie Shepp and Mal Waldron pay tribute to Billie Halliday.

8 Likes

Roxy are toruing the US this year starting early Sept and will be in the UK for some dates early Oct.

15 Likes