What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Fruit Bats. The pet parade.
This is my first play of what is an exceptionally good album recommended by @Neil-26
Not surprising considering the Bonny light horseman connection.

Qobuz

4 Likes

Eric Clapton - 461 Ocean Boulevard

21 Likes

Abit of downtempo electronica from today’s qobuz additions.

2 Likes

‘Out of the Blue’ - Sonny Red

Blue Note Tone Poet 2022 - pre-ordered, arrived this morning

9 Likes

195680777_max
Emerson, Lake & Palmer - The Atlantic Years, excellent 2 cd comp.

7 Likes

Roxy Music - For Your Pleasure

I saw that @worldofsteve had posted this on the What New Releases Are You Looking Forward To thread, so it had to be played, while I scouted around the Burning Shed site. Deffo Roxy’s finest hour IMHO.

24 Likes

Continuing with another new release…in the words of others…

“some people make rock music; Hannah Peel makes music about rocks” - UNCUT Revelations
“fresh and original” - MOJO
“inspired… tackles the biggest of themes in a way that’s awed, never overwrought” - UNCUT
“a remarkable piece of work” - Belfast Telegraph
“balancing the beautiful with the cerebral… head and heart music” - Music OMH
“a remarkable record… very beautiful, complex and ambitious” - BBC 6Music New Music Fix
“it peers into the crannies of matter, reads into the folds of the soul” - Robert Macfarlane

2 Likes

You disappear for a while and then come back with a bang, CC. I can think of at least two reasons not to buy this.:flushed: Please tell me this is an April’s Fool joke.
Hope you’re keeping well.

1 Like

Beggars Banquet, SACD CD layer ripped to WAV. First listen.

It’s good :grin: and recording quality is very good.

23 Likes

Beethoven Cello Sonatas - Steven Isserlis & Robert Levin
2CD rip | 2014

7 Likes

The Mighty Diamonds - Get Ready (Tidal Master/Greensleeves)

The follow up Gussie Clarke Music Works produced album to The Real Enemy, more Lovers & Dancehall oriented than the previous with a mostly lovely sweet sunlit breezy vibe and arguably a tighter focused production than the former.

:heart:

4 Likes

CD ripped to WAV. First play.

Wow! First track, bass and drums then Ray’s great voice. Definitely can recommend.

12 Likes

Fine prog album from 2009.

1 Like

Faith No More. Easy. 1992. Heavier but faithful version of the Lionel Richie composition. Really good imho.

“American rock band Faith No More covered the song in 1992 and released it as a single in December of that year. This version became a worldwide hit, reaching number one in Australia and becoming a top-ten hit in eight other countries.”
500x500

3 Likes

Half Baked - Jimmy Campbell

4 Likes

Ministry Of Sound the chillout session 2 / 2001 MOS / UK CD x 2 / MOSCD20

7 Likes

Eric Clapton - Give Me Strength: The 74/75 Recordings, playing the disc featuring the There’s One In Every Crowd album, plus session outakes, which, as the album was recorded in Jamaica, include Peter Tosh joining the band.

13 Likes

Great album. Which pressing is that? US (1971) second?

Wow! That looks to be a great CD box set. How’s the recording quality?

1 Like

Exactly. Spot on, Tony.

1 Like