What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

What a voice.

2 Likes

One of the best glitchy, synthy, electronic albums ever made! (2020)

2 Likes

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Unlimited Love, released today and sounding great. Breaks no new ground, but on first listen it’s very good indeed. Perhaps one for John Darko!

9 Likes

The recording quality is top notch and all the material is sympathetically remastered, thus giving a uniform sound to each disc. A highly recommendable set, if you find it at ( to you ) a reasonable price.

1 Like

8 Likes

718AJIvFkdL.SS500
Free - Live!, listening to the expanded edition.

17 Likes

the re-issue is pretty good, if your copy is as errr “loved” as mine, treat yourself, it’s easily as good, though the artwork it p@nts, original is much brighter,

15 Likes

Wonderful.

1 Like

John Martyn. The Church with one Bell. 1998 CD. Collection of bluesy cover versions. Martyn on form with wonderful bass playing by John Giblin. ( Brand X, Kate Bush, Peter Gabriel, Simple Minds, etc)

“The cover depicts a former church in the village of Roberton in Lanarkshire, Scotland. Martyn, who at that time was living in an adjacent cottage, purchased the church and converted it into a recording studio.”

download
The-Church-With-One-Bell-Inlay

16 Likes

Yes, it’s a sublime recording(s) for it’s time and lucky to be captured, given the band’s short history.

1 Like

Cari Cari - Annaana, superb album, and have a feel of the early Cowboy Junkies. Well recorded too.

2 Likes

Rod Stewart - Never A Dull Moment

19 Likes

I’m with JD on this one!

Melody Gardot - My One and Only Thrill

Wonderfully intimate singing.

Phil

17 Likes

Cee Cee James - Blood Red Blues
CD rip | 2012

3 Likes

Prefab Sprout - Protest Songs

Straight after Steve McQueen in 1985 this album was advertised for release with a catalogue number and artwork then nothing.

Eventually four years later we got this little gem.

12 Likes

Fleetwood Mac - Rumours

30 Likes

Earth Wind & Fire I Am / 2012 Columbia / Japan Blu-spec CD / Paper Sleeve Edition / SICP20360

15 Likes

The Beatles. 1. Qobuz. Uniti Atom HE.

12 Likes

My Favourite EWF album, On Vinyl:
71cRUtJsAQL.AC_UY436_QL65

15 Likes