What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

A favourite to end my afternoon listening

19 Likes

Jazz Explosion - A Panorama Of Contemporary British Jazz

8 Likes

Peter Gabriel - Scratch My Back, some brave choices here, but if anyone can pull these song covers off, it’s PG.

14 Likes

According to Tidal my top 10 artist chart this month

Koffee
Grant Green
Somi
Miles Davis
The Isley Bro’s
Greg Foat
Protoje
Ill Considered
The Mighty Diamonds
Sevana

Be amusing if my LP12 could compile a monthly chart
:heart:

1 Like

Good to know you’re good. That cover is wrong in so many ways. SW’s mention just threw me right off course. No love lost. Not my thing. Will check out Marcos Vale though.
Stay cool.
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Thats a Peach! I think I’ve seen you post that one before, an original Landsdowne very nice

Now playing…

Ray LaMontagne - Godd Willin’ & The Creek Don’t Rise

Ray LaMontagne (Acoustic Guitar, Harmonica, Vocals), Jay Bellerose (Drums), Jennifer Condos (Bass), Ryan Freeland (Accordion), Eric Heywood (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Pedal Steel), Greg Leisz Banjo, Acoustic Guitar (Electric Guitar, Electric Baritone Guitar, Lap Steel Guitar, Mandola, Pedal Steel) and Patrick Warren (Keyboards).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… kicking off this Friday morning with Ray after a mention above from @MrDom and Ray and the band are sounding mighty sweet! …its been awhile since this album has been out for a spin.

11 Likes

Band of Horses. Things are Great. An early shout for ‘Album Of The Year’.

9 Likes

It’s getting a second play for me. Wonderful album and recording imo.

Robin Trower. Compilation CD. Saw him at Leicester University in about 79 or 80. Jeez it was loud. Good though.

R-3952779-1350332436-8128

5 Likes

Hi Dread,

It’s actually a new purchase today. Rolled into my friend’s shop and rolled out again quite quickly!

It’s a great compilation, and in pretty good nick, thankfully.

1 Like

Prompted after perusing the track list on the Landsdowne Jazz comp posted by Charles…

Joe Harriott Double Quintet - Indo Jazz Suite ( Koch hdcd)
Indo Jazz Fusions I & II (Redial CD)

I do have these on LP if I can find them

Think I’m gonna order an Indian

1 Like

Would very much like some of his albums on vinyl.

1 Like

Check Bandcamp

Originals or has there been a reissue?

The LP’s? I have Indo Jazz Suite on Atlantic (I think) which I bought ages ago used, I will have to put my miners lamp on and find it, not sure about the Fusions I & II

An expected release from Ryan Adams in a so-called trilogy Wednesdays, Big Colors and this album Chris.

If you liked Wednesdays and Big Colors then you’ll love this running at 18 tracks.

8 Likes

Ripped CD to WAV. Very nice imo.

13 Likes

Result! Maybe you posted something similar a while back

I guess you will have the superb Ian Carr/Don Rendell Landsdownes re issued by Jazzman a while back
:+1:

Didn’t know about this. I shall have to complete the trilogy. He certainly keeps churning it out.

1 Like