What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

West Side Story OST.

7 Likes

2010 - The Innocent Mission // My Room In The Trees

4 Likes

Sibelius, Violin Concerto, Heifetz with the Chicago Symphony. JVC XRCD.
A bit bright in the upper registers on my system (never heard it on another) - I’d love to hear the original Living Stereo LP.

3 Likes

The one released as a single in '94.

First heard it as I strolled into a pub and it was belting out on the video jukebox … … remember those?

Totally transfixed was I.

1 Like

A live recording, so the SQ here isn’t stunning, but the music is always interesting and adventurous.

One of my favourite albums of the last few years . :sob:

1 Like

4 Likes

Now playing…

Ayo - Royal

Ayo (Vocals), Freddy Koella (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Mandolin, Resonator Guitar), Denis Benarrosh (Drums), Laurent Vernerey (Electric Upright Bass), Gaël Rakotondrabe (Piano), Julia-Sarr (Vocals, Choir), Onane Zamati Vocals, Choir), Philippe Hammel (Harmonica), and Alexandre Leauthaud (Accordion, Bandoneon)

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on into the noon hour with Ayo’s ‘Royal’ album. Ayo has such a beautiful voice supported by some very talented musicians and they are sounding sublime! I do love this album…

10 Likes

Settling in for Citeh Atleti with some classic British reggae from Misty In Roots. I usually put on Live at Counter Euro or Wise and Foolish so for a change Earth. Great rhythms harmonies and a bit of brass with a political/eco message that belies its age. On lovely People Unite vinyl.

1 Like

Blur - Think Tank - 2003

8 Likes

Experimental percussionist Fernando Falcāo’s second LP:

Barracas Barrocas (1987).

1 Like

Thats the later Steely & Cleavie production, check out the Studio One original, both good :+1:

1 Like

Carl and Passions/“So Tough” - The Beach Boys (1972).

Enjoyable enough, if rather a hotch potch of a BB album, yet utterly redeemed by Dennis’ tender addict’s balladry on side two and the sublime All This Is That.

4 Likes

2017, Four Tet, interesting electronic sounds from producer & DJ Kieran Hebden. Qobuz 44/24

3 Likes

Led Zep IV on Tidal Masters.

Still prefer my old vinyl copy, anyone else find that, or have I got 33rpm goggles on?

13 Likes

The boots from the Goldfrapp tour have aready started leaking out - here’s the first of them, from last week in Oxford.

Setlist:

felt mountain
paperbag
pilots
human
lovely head
deer stop
drew
hairy trees
eat yourself
cologne cerrone houdini
road to nowhere
moon in your mouth
a&e
you never know
black cherry
utopia

10 Likes

@dave-marshall sorry but busy to post link, search for Studio One Rockers (Soul Jazz)
Enjoy
:heart:

1 Like

Tidalising it right now … … … most excellent.

1 Like

71J3MG0+nlL.SS500
The Steve Miller Band - Let Your Hair Down, an album of blues covers.

5 Likes

1997 - Prodigy // The Fat Of The Land

13 Likes