What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

My listening in the office today.

6 Likes

KT Tunstall, eye to the telescope. Joining you @AlanP on this one. Haha, I had a listen to somebody up there likes me. Omg, you are so right! It’s bad! :rofl:

15 Likes

Lambchop Is a Woman my first album of the evening

13 Likes

I think you mean @AlanP - credit where credit is due.

Black Metal 2 - Dean Blunt

As brilliantly adventurous as Black Metal (1).

2 Likes

:smiley:

81fjddRQlFL.SS500
Eric Clapton & Friends - The Breeze: An Appreciation of JJ Cale.

18 Likes

I acquired this Disc in 2015, at least I listen once per month since then

16 Likes

Early CD copies, were apparently manufactured from third and fourth generation masters, which album recording engineer Roger Nichols only discovered when he received a call from Stevie Wonder, who told him that his CD copy of The Nightfly sounded “funny”! I don’t know any more than that, except I guess they changed the mastering and manufacture at the earliest opportunity!

I didn’t own an early CD, as my first copy of the recording was the original 1982 Japanese LP version on Warner Bros (P-11264) → that LP is now in the collection of my best friend / music buddy.

The 2017 Japan SHM CD Paper Sleeve Edition that I have (shown below) is an exact replica of the first LP issue but on disc, and like the original, it too sounds wonderful.

Haven’t done a comparison of my small collection in a very long time, but maybe I will soon.

You are correct Richard, it is a 1983 Target - A ‘Japan For US’ pressing / printing - and it sounds great!

18 Likes

To start the day…

Jackson Browne - 1977 Running on Empty

19 Likes

5 Likes

51Pgc2riNUL.AC

4 Likes

Crosby Stills Nash & Young. American dream.
From late 80s but still pretty good.

13 Likes

Still the best version of this album I have heard.

23 Likes

9 Likes

Emmylou Harris - Pieces of the Sky

I so like the song ‘Boulder to Birmingham’, which she wrote about Gram Parsons.

21 Likes

Pete La Roca - Basra

9 Likes

10 Likes

following @Bobthebuilder sugestion…
(still discovering the work of)

9 Likes

Hi Richard, here is the Target issue in detail, as mentioned above. I bought it (very cheaply) out of curiosity, and played in isolation it sounds great but the newer standard US CD I have is definitely better. The Japan SHM CD beats them all hands down in every audio enjoyment area!

Donald Fagen The Nightfly / 1983 Warner Bros / Japan for US CD / 9236962

15 Likes