What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

James McMurtry | Complicated Game | 2015
He’s made so many good ones but this one always really gets to me.

3 Likes

St Germain - Tourist

Love this.

15 Likes

I felt this needed a wider audience then awesome YouTube thread.
Now I love me a bit of organ music and for some reason this appeared on my social media feed and to be honest I could have been chopping onions but I wasn’t! :sob:

For this is what music is all about no matter what the genre

https://youtube.com/shorts/_OZHBHTbd7k?feature=share

After a little bit of digging Anna Lapwood’s Instagram here is the ‘heckle’
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CeBGvL7ACZL/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

And for those not totally bored😀 the whole song

Bonobo and Anna Lapwood - Otoma

3 Likes

1971 - David Crosby // If I Could Only Remenber…

11 Likes

51v6tBZ37QL.AC
Ian Dury & The Blockheads - Mr Love Pants.

13 Likes

Paul Simon at Newport

8 Likes

Wow, there’s a bit of current significance with the cover art! The ongoing wild fire in California that has so far destroyed something like 20,000 acres is threatening Yosemite. God willing it will be brought under control soon.

1 Like

Entering Heaven Alive by Jack White. This really is very, very good and up there with his work in The Raconteurs

13 Likes

3 Likes

Now playing…

Sean Rowe - New Lore

Sean Rowe (Accordion, Clapping, Harmonica, Percussion, Vocals), Ken Coomer (Drums, Percussion), David Cousar (Electric Guitar), Richard Ford (Pedal Steel), Susan Marshall (Background Vocals), Gaylon Patterson (Violin), Jerry Phillips (Clapping), Jeff Powell (Clapping), Matt Ross-Spang (Clapping, Mellotron, Percussion), Reba Russell (Background Vocals)Neal Shaffer (Viola), Dave Smith (Bass), Rick Steff (Hammond B3, Mellotron, Organ, Piano, Wurlitzer), Heather Trussell (Violin) and Elen Wroten (Cello).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… returning home after running a quick couple of errands and continuing with the fantastic music from Sean and the very talented group of musicians backing him up on this album, and they are sounding sublime!

9 Likes

.sjb

8 Likes

Rag’n’Bone Man - Life By Misadventue, not spun this one for a while.

10 Likes

Rastaman: Bob Marley & The Wailers - Babylon By Bus, Island Records 6650 004, France 1978

Even if this album sounds pretty good for a live recording I´d like to get it as an audiophile digital-to-analog DSD re-issue at pug speed :rofl:

6 Likes

Gorgeous Kevin Gray-mastered LP re-released on the New Land label:

2 Likes

This is popping up a lot here so thats, it I’m in too!
I have always been a Jack White fan, I really like what he does and how he does it, from back in the White Stripes days to the present.

Love his customised guitar too! :guitar:(though his is blue)

3 Likes

Brutal and beautiful in equal measure

5 Likes

51JNhTbEAVL.AC
George Harrison - Brainwashed.

6 Likes

Now playing

Amy Speace with The Orphan Brigade - There Used To Be Horses Here

Amy Speace (Vocals), Danny Mitchell (Strings, Piano, Horn), Dean Marold (Bass), Johnny-Duke (Electric Guitar), Paul Nelson (Cello), Will Kimbrough (Guitar on track 9), Kirstin Wilkinson (Viola), David Angell (Violin), David Davidson (Violin), Garrison Starr (Vocals), Ben Glover (Vocals, Acoustic Guitar), Neilson Hubbard (Vocals, Acoustic Guitar, Drums, Percussion) and Josh Britt (Vocals, Mandolin, Mandola).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this afternoon with this wonderful album by Amy and she and the band are sounding sublime! A very enjoyable album…

4 Likes

Steely Dan, pretzel logic. :relaxed:

17 Likes

Goldfrapp, Tales of us. Hope these soft and familiar tunes of Goldfrapp help insomniac friends on other side of the planet. Good morning and good evening everyone. :relaxed:

12 Likes