What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

2 Likes

I’m listening to Max Richter’s ‘Exiles’, a 2LP set from DG.

Annoyingly, the LP cover and each of the (four) record labels show “45 RPM” - which I’m ignoring, as my LP12/Armageddon only plays at 33 RPM!

Like most of Max Richter’s music that I know, this has an ethereal quality, almost like you’re in a trance or a dream.

1 Like

The Oscar Peterson Trio We Get Requests / 2005 Verve / EU CD / 0602498840429

17 Likes

Aztec Camera - High Land, Hard Rain - CD

Following @TheKevster excellent idea yesterday of playing albums from a particular year, well today enjoy 1983.

10 Likes

I fortunately stumbled across this too what a great documentary!

1 Like

7 Likes

Sarah Walkers last Radio 3 show of the year and with you Clive
Her passion and enthusiasm and education is an absolute joy

p0c6pgfc (1)

5 Likes

A wonderful album by a terrific artist.

1 Like

If you are a Joni fan and haven’t heard this, do yourself a favour and get it. Hearing Joni sing Both Sides Now as a mature woman with her voice showing all of the experience that comes along with that is so moving. I’d say being there on that day would have been truly memorable.

12 Likes

Andreas Vollenweider Dancing with the Lion / 2006 edel / Germany CD / 0166682CTT

4 Likes

Broadcasting House on BBC R4 FM.

Listening to Big Ben’s bongs, we have just heard a demonstration of the FM radio signal (travelling at the speed of light) is heard sooner by someone with an FM radio on the other end of Westminster Bridge, than the same person without, ie. listening to the bongs travelling at the speed of sound.

Happy New Year everyone!

3 Likes

Robert Plant - The Principle Of Moments - CD

Robert’s second studio album.

20 Likes

On CD:-

Chick Corea - Return To Forever

11 Likes

IMG_0702

2012 Limited Edition white vinyl release… :notes: :sunglasses: :+1:t3: :grinning:

11 Likes

Elton John - Too Low For Zero - CD

After a seven-year break, Elton reunited with songwriter Bernie Taupin, this was the result.

11 Likes

Yellowjackets Yellowjackets / 2014 Warner / Japan CD / WPCR28043

3 Likes

2023 UHQR by Analogue Productions 45rpm vinyl release… :grinning: :notes: :sunglasses: :+1:t3:

11 Likes

A great variation

5 Likes

A new thread for 2024 begins here;

1 Like