What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Angelique Francis - Kissed By The Blues

5 Likes

working my way through this lengthy double

Viva Santana!

7 Likes

Blur - The Ballad of Darren, on grey swirl vinyl from the deluxe set. Quite a lot more reflective than expected, and all the better for it.

Edit: Forgot, it is an excellent pressing too. Zero surface noise, perfectly flat and centered.

10 Likes

Vivaldi for Woody as promised :blush:
Nigel Kennedy’s recording, that I haven’t played in a very long time.

Sadly couldn’t find the Orpheus version on Qobuz, as it’s my current favourite.

13 Likes

Yellowjackets Time Squared / 2003 Heads Up / US CD / HUCD3075

2 Likes

I couldn’t resist the vinyl me please 2lp reissue of one of my favourite albums.

10 Likes

Now playing…

Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit

Jason Isbell (Vocals, Guitar), Amanda Shires (Fiddle, Vocals), Jimbo Hart (Bass, Vocals), Sadler Vaden (Guitar, Vocals), Chad Gamble (Drums, Vocals), Derry deBorja (Keyboards, Vocals), Brittney Spenser (Vocals), John Paul White (Vocals), Julien Baker (Vocals), Brandi Carlile (Vocals), Steve Gorman (Drums), Peter Levin (Keyboards), Bela Fleck (Banjo) and Chris Thile (Mandolin).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… kicking off this Wednesday morning with Jason’s 2021 album and he and the band are sounding mighty sweet! One fine album…

9 Likes

Decided on something from one of my all time favourite Violinists, Tasmin Little.

6 Likes

X In Search Of Space
Lost my original copy years ago, I’m on the lookout for a decent one to get back in my collection

1 Like

About 5 years ago an absolute Hawkwind loving workmate collector,offered me £80 for my original with the Log Book in nice condition …needed the dosh so sold it on.

1 Like

5 Likes

Yellowjackets Like A River / 1993 GRP / Japan Promo CD / MVCR126

5 Likes

If you were wondering where to start with Sun Ra you can do a lot worse than this.

9 Likes

A few tracks of this before dinner I think…

Thanks to @Bobthebuilder for the post in the vinyl thread😊

10 Likes

The Byrds | Fifth Dimension | 1966
Some early Byrds getting into psychedelic sounds.

15 Likes

SHOSTAKOVICH: STRING QUARTETS 2, 7 & 8 - PAVEL HAAS QUARTET

5 Likes

Drive-By Truckers - The Complete Dirty South. This is the recent vinyl reissue of their 2004 album, The Dirty South.

9 Likes

Paul McCartney - Egypt Station Explorer Edition.

9 Likes

15 Likes

13th Floor Elevators | All Time Highs | 1998
A happy flick through a potted musical history of early 'Elevators, focusing mainly on their first few albums 1966 - 1969

4 Likes