What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Sounding incredibly good in the study - Mac Mini M1 > Topping 10Ds > old Philips Fidelio iPod/iPhone dock.

2 Likes

Just bought some new stuff from this artist…

4 Likes

Oops:

7 Likes

Still working and better than the original B&W Zeppelin which was more expensive, repaired within a year and continually hangs with a red light error.

Bargain at less than half price in PC World a few years later:

Away on hols, so only have the IEMs, but…RIP😔

12 Likes

Came to Gary Battz through any number of compilation CDs. Always worth a listen. This is a really enjoyable album on vinyl.

Yellowjackets Altered State / 2005 Heads Up / Austria CD / HUCD3097

3 Likes

Eric Clapton - 24 Nights: Blues.

12 Likes

Having a little stream tonight was led to this Mick Karn (bass player from Japan) + drummer Terry Bozzio + David Torn = Polytown
Certainly different ….

4 Likes

Brilliant album - top players.

@SimonDC

A similar album to Polytown is Marty Fogel’s - Many Heads Bobbing…At last

2 Likes

I saw David Torn playing live for David Sylvian back in 1988 - a guitar genius. Oh yes and Terry Bozzio with Jeff Beck and to cap it Mick Karn with Rain Tree Crow (Minus David Sylvian).

A Polytown hat trick.

1 Like

I’ve just finished Howard Sounes’ Bob Dylan biography and so I thought I’d dig this one out. On vinyl: Bob Dylan - At Budokan. As far as I can tell, this isn’t too highly regarded by critics and fans, but I quite like it. This might be, in part, as it was one of the first Dylan albums I ever listened to and so these are the versions I first heard of many of his classic songs.

13 Likes

It’s superb - love Mick Karns work with Japan, Numan and the Dalis Car project with Pete Murphy but only got one of his solo releases - looks like I’ll be hunting down the river or the warm hut!

Knew of Bozzio from his work with Korn! What a drum kit!!!

And thanks for the other recommendation - I’ll search that later!

2 Likes

Sinéad O’Connor - 1990 I Do Not Want What I Haven’t Got

Including Nothing Compares 2 U

19 Likes

I recall an interview with Mick Karn at the time saying he felt way out of his depth playing in such esteemed company - I think he holds his end down admirably.

2 Likes

Couldn’t agree more!

1 Like

Not for every jazz lover, but if you are open it’s quite exciting material……

1 Like

Did not realise he had died, quite some time ago.

1 Like

Black Jade - Contempo

Raw and heavy UK dub album released in 1975. Rare as rocking horse s**t - ragged copies go for £200-300

Luckily its available on Youtube…

See also their album “Rockers”

1 Like