What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Jazz arrangements of times by Montiverdi, with a baroque soprano. What’s not to like?

1 Like

Sinead O’Connor, I do not want what I haven’t got. RIP Sinead.

9 Likes

I Love You Jennifer B by Jockstrap

Posted this a few weeks ago but noticed it’s been shortlisted today for the Mercury Prize. The most extraordinarily inventive mix of electro pop with folk, dub, techno whatever. It’s a real grower and I would be surprised if there is a more inventive/eclectic album this year

2 Likes

Prince, the very best of Prince. :smiling_face:

12 Likes

Something uptempo on a grey/dark day.

4 Likes

Hôtel Costes. :smiling_face:

4 Likes

On the beach, so…

15 Likes

Disturbed

Immortalized (Deluxe Edition)

Edward

4 Likes

Ooh, you’ve taken me back to the 90s and my days as a classical rep for Conifer Records! That was a big release for us at the time, and I still remember hearing the final edit of the Tosca excerpts in the studio - pretty stunning! :grinning:

1 Like

Bill Evans - You Must Believe In Spring (Craft 2 45rpm LP)

Missed this on the black stuff when first released and thus been enjoying it on stream. Managed to grab a back in stock so sitting now enjoying a first listen to the LP, lovely AAA mastering cut at 45rpm by Kevin Gray, does that guy never sleep!

The music is of course sublime, his final recording session before his passing, recorded at Capitol in 1977.

:heart:

6 Likes

2010 vinyl release… :notes: :grinning: :+1:

11 Likes

Nat Myers - Yellow Peril

1 Like

Probably not all that surprising that I’ve gone from Sinead O’Connor to Sarah McLaclan to The Cranberries and Dolores O’Riordan…

6 Likes

2018 vinyl release… :grinning: :notes: :+1:t3:

6 Likes

Wings - At The Speed Of Sound.

14 Likes

2023 vinyl release… :grinning: :notes: :+1:t3:

5 Likes

Arrived this week. Cheap, Nr Mint from eBay.
Think Gil Evans visiting & working with British artists was a bit of a sensation at the time? Recorded live at St George’s Hall, Bradford in 1983. Apart from the music & nostalgic venue the added attraction here for me is the Nimbus pressing which doesn’t disappoint. Lovely version of Little Wing.

3 Likes

Marillion

Script for a Jester’s Tear

Edward

14 Likes

1994 DFI vinyl pressing… :sunglasses: :notes: :+1:t3:

20 Likes

Eric Clapton SLowhand Cover
Eric Clapton - Slowhand.

17 Likes