What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Sigur Rós - Jon Birgisson (voc) (g) (key)
Kjartan Sveinsson (key (g)
Georg Holm (key) (b)
Orri Dyrason (d)

8 Likes

Now playing…

Sinéad O’Connor - Universal Mother

Sinéad O’Connor (Vocals, Piano), John Reynolds (Drums), Dave Clayton (Keyboards), Marco Pirroni (Guitar), Ivan Gilliland (Guitar), Nicky Scott (Bass), Matthew Seligman (Bass), Clare Kenny (Bass), Phil )Piano, Keyboards, Vocals), John O’Cane (Cello), Voice Squad (Vocals) and Irish Chamber Orchestra (Strings).

Streaming on Qobuz (44/16)… kicking off this morning with Sinéad’s Universal Mother album and saddeneed by her passing. Always enjoyed her music and ‘Universal Mother’ is sounding mighty sweet! Rest in Peace Sinéad…

13 Likes

Marillion

FEAR - F*** Everyone And Run

Edward

6 Likes

On Vinyl:
Watched the film last night so on with the record today.

21 Likes

Thunder . Shooting at the Sun. 2003. Imho a great band. Would have been really big if they were a 70s and not a 90s band. Still, some great songs and guitar from Luke Morley.

4 Likes

Now playing…

Sinéad O’Connor - The Lion and the Cobra

Sinéad O’Connor (Electric Guitar, Vocals), Mike Clowes (Keyboards, String Arrangements, Synthesizer), Rob Dean (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar), Enya (Spoken Word, Vocals), Spike Hollifield (Bass Guitar), Kevin Moloney (Bass Guitar, Guitar (Bass), Marco Pirroni (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar), John Reynolds (Drums) and Leslie Winer (Spoken Word, Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this morning with another album from Sinead and the music is sounding mighty fine!

16 Likes

Some Naama Hillman for the evening, a roon radio find following on from Thea Gilmore.

1 Like

This is one of my favourite albums of the past two or three years – I can’t understand why it doesn’t get more love on here. Great sound too, especially on vinyl:

2 Likes

Joni Mitchell - Live Newport Folk Festival
Out tomorrow - 28/07/23

11 Likes

Analogue Productions/Bernie Grundman all-analogue pressing. Incredible sound. Duke is God.

11 Likes

I listened to this the other night on the vinyl I bought nearly 50 years ago and it still sounds incredible.

1 Like

My favourite Santana lp.

10 Likes

Ten Years After - Ssssh.

11 Likes

Miles Davis: Kind of Blue. Ran it through the Okki Nokki, sounds great.

6 Likes

2022 - Takuya Kuroda // Midnight Crisp

5 Likes

Japan - Quiet Life - 1979

Really enjoyed playing this earlier, the title track is such an insight into that ‘80’s sound’ which was fast approaching.
eg-1

18 Likes

Today is Bobbie’s 82nd birthday, so I’m going to spend the rest of the eving playing favourite selections from the stunning The Girl From Chickasaw County box set. Many happy returns to the Queen of the Delta!

13 Likes

She was taken away from us far to soon.

Well she’s still alive @Gazza - but I sort of know what you mean. Maybe better to say, “she withdrew way too soon”…

2 Likes

That is a lovely box set @TheKevster I don’t have time this evening but must revist this for her music and the excellent accompanying booklet.

3 Likes