What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Robbie Robertson - Sinematic

I put off buying this album for various reasons. Picked it up with my Qobuz sublime discount and I’m really enjoying it - great production. Robbie’s voice never was great and there is an absence of guitar but his songwriting is supreme.

11 Likes

4 Likes

Nice version

The Band, Live in 71. 2xCD. I grew thinking/believing wrongly that " The Night they Drove Old Dixie Down" was an old tradition folk song, passed down through generations. It is brilliant and moving IMHO.

13 Likes

I like his music and art……he does get around, and is loved by so many other great musicians.

3 Likes

20 Likes

Interesting version…

8 Likes

Yes he seems to be a friend to everyone an all round good guy. Just one of those nice people.

1 Like

Picked this up at our local charity shop this morning……Brendan Croker on backing vocals. Always liked the Notting Hillbillies…….i kick myself i never heard them live….played Snape Maltings near Ipswich. Missed that one.

18 Likes

Excellent country-rock with the self-titled album from Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real.

7 Likes

Chicago Transit Authority. Self titled debut.
I’ve played this so often over the last 50+years that I’ve started to believe I’m actually on it.

Bought originally on double vinyl, then cd, ripped to core but tonight it’s lofi from iPad iTunes library to Bluetooth speaker. Sounds good on anything.

11 Likes

Lovely tunes from Tete, Albert Heath and Heard.

Tete flies across the keyboard like a river of freedom, carrying the listener away.

1 Like

Pete, you never own the music. You may own the media it is on but that is all.
Purchasing an LP or a CD just gives you licence to play it for the time you own the media.
But you know this , and I do see your point and share your sentiments.
Best wishes.

1 Like

I saw them in Folkestone on 9th April 1990 - a great show.

2 Likes

It’s darned good that version, I was playing it recently.

1 Like

The Staves – Good Woman
CD|2021

Acoustic folk rock trio of sisters from Watford, Hertfordshire, England. Nice album.

9 Likes

I have never heard “Mahoneys last stand”……any good. The old Lane/Woody combo?

1 Like

Yes well worth a listen. It was recorded as a soundtrack, they both sound like they’re having fun.

Difficult to track down

Ummm yes it does appear a bit elusive.

1 Like