What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Posted this fabulous song back in July 2021 :+1:

2 Likes

Grateful Dead – Dave’s Picks, Volume 45 (Paramount Theatre, Portland, OR • 10/1/77 & 10/2/77)
4CD|2023

HDCD, starting off with disc 1. Recording sounds off to start with (mics). Will see if that improves.

6 Likes

I bought this back ‘in period’ but it didn’t quite do it for me. With the perspective of middle age and years, today it feels more like a companion album to ‘A Trick of the Tail’ and ‘Wind and Wuthering’ and I suppose with Rutherford and Collins playing on it as well as Hackett, I shouldn’t be surprised.

18 Likes

Never been a great fan of the Gallagher brothers but rather enjoying the raw, genuine rock and roll energy of this streaming on Qobuz.

Jimmy Page - Robert Plant - Unledded.

Just for a change, I’m watching / listening to the Blu-ray rather than playing the album.

Belter!

18 Likes

Arrived from France:

417BAECGMFL

7 Likes

Bobo Stenson Trio - Sphere

Bobo Stenson (Piano), Anders Jormin (Double Bass) and Jon Fält (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuy (96/24)… returning home from a hospital visit to see a friend and turning to an album I recently played. Some relaxing music while having a bite to eat before heading out to gym. A busy Saturday for this old man… Bobo released the album this past March during the year of his 78th birthday, and Bobo, Anders and Jon are sounding sublime! A lovely album for some midday relaxation before picking up the pace once again…. Life is Sweet!

7 Likes

Last year’s Pursuit of Ends was excellent (Amazon have the CD on offer for the price of a pint just now I see). Days In The Desert is equally good.

Wings - Back To The Egg.

12 Likes

Enjoying on CD from the fabulous psychedelic and groovy Dandy Warhols
81hoyHo7ufL._AC_SX300_SY300_QL70_ML2

10 Likes

Cheers Johnt

I love the music section here and seeing really obscure stuff posted
I haven’t played my copy for about 30 years so will give it a spin Sunday morning

Have you any Wes Mc Ghee albums in your Tex Mex collection ?

hes great

5 Likes

Thomas Dolby: The Golden Age of Wireless

9 Likes

It cheeky calling it No Quarter, when that was a JPJ song.

2 Likes

Fire!Orchestra
Arrival
Rune Grammofon 2019

An always interesting exploration ranging through free jazz, rock-solid rhythms, string quartet and bluesy songs (I love their main singer, Mariam Wallentin - joined on this album by complementary singer Sofia Jernberg, who is great also). It’s superbly recorded to boot, plus there’s a beautiful version of my favourite Chic song At Last I Am Free - what’s not to love?

Awaiting delivery of their latest, Echoes. Going to be good.

4 Likes

Ok I am buying this sight unseen the Chic cover and an @steviebee recommendation are good enough for me.

1 Like

@AndyP

You fool! I only put up albums I loathe…:laughing:

Not.

Hope you like it as much as I do, Andy :crossed_fingers:

They remind me at times a little of that great long-gone outfit, The Pharoahs if you know them: Damballa; Awakening; In The Basement…

Similar groove on some tracks.

2 Likes

Listening to…

Quite a ‘grown-up’ latest offering from Birdy that whilst a bold and confident evolution from her (stunning) earlier work might (for me) require a few plays to truly make their mark.

A more ‘poppy’ (than her previous albums) release memorable/catchy toons include ‘Paradise Calling’ and ‘Raincatchers’.

‘Your Arms’ is a return to her trademark angelic style and is beautifully delivered imho.

Oddly Qobuz are listing this most recent album with release date (18/8) almost a week ahead!(?). However, just realised that just four of the eleven tracks on the album are playable as of today. Very promising latest release, I hope to re-visit and give it a full ‘spin’ next Friday…

Sublime
Qobuz 24/44.1
ERA-1s

3 Likes

Sade, lovers rock. :smiling_face:

19 Likes

Bedtime tunes:

11 Likes

Steely Dan, can’t buy a thrill. :smiling_face:

20 Likes