What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Hope I am not the only one, but this performance to me was absolutely magical, happy/grateful to own the level of Naim/Chord Hi-fi to recreate some of the magic of the live event at home

6 Likes

Everyone needs a bit of groove in their lives.

7 Likes

Now playing…

Vince Gill & Paul Franklin - Sweet Memories: The Music of Ray Price and the Cherokee Cowboys

Vince Gill (Vocals, Guitar), Paul Franklin (Pedal Steel Guitar), Tom Bukovac (Electric Guitar), Dennis Crouch (Bass), Stuart Duncan (Fiddle), Steve Gibson (Electric Guitar), John Jarvis (Piano), Greg Morrow (Drums), Wendy Moten (Vocals), Michael Rhodes (Electric Bass), Jerry Roe (Drums), Derek Wells (Electric Guitar) and Andrea Zonn (Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)… kicking off this Sunday morning with another spin of Vince & Paul’s new album released on August 4th and they, along with the band, are sounding mighty sweet!

8 Likes

Sir Douglas Quintet - She’s About A Mover

5 Likes

On Vinyl.

“The two composers met a few times throughout Rachmaninoff’s life , but they began a working relationship when Rachmaninoff enrolled at the Moscow Conservatory, where Tchaikovsky served as a theory professor.” Web Article.

71gNnl1iXnL._AC_SY445_SX342_QL70_ML2

2 Likes

Their hugely influential first album, released – unbelievably – way back in 1979!

This is the 1991 CD reissue:

5 Likes

Just wished the bluray was 4k (the cinema release was superb), but I suppose there’s only so much you can do to a film in poor light that’s 50 years old :joy:

Very fond of onions.

6 Likes

The FLK - Mummers. Well, been an excellent day’s listening, but this is the last for a while. Might as well go out in style.

1 Like

Heartplay, Charlie Haden & Antonio Forcione, 2006.

8 Likes

Now playing…

Chris Rea - Auberge

Chris Rea (Guitar, Classical Guitar, Harmonica, Hammond organ, Slide Guitar), Robert Ahwai (Bass), Simon Clarke ( Alto Saxophone, Baritone Saxophone), Martin Ditcham (Drums, Percussion), Anthony Dreman (Dobro, Guitar), Nick Hitchens (Tuba), Carol Kenyon (Vocals), The Kick Horns (Horn Arrangements), Roddy Lorimer (Flugelhorn, Trumpet), Max Middleton (Piano, String Arrangements), Tim Sanders (Tenor Saxophone), J. Neil Sidwell (Trombone), Paul Spong (Flugelhorn, Trumpet), Linda Taylor (Vocals) and Rick Taylor (Trombone).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this morning with Chris’s ‘Auberge’ album, and Chris and the band are sounding sublime! One very sweet album…

21 Likes

6 Likes

Joni. Hissing of Summer Lawns. 1975. CD. One of her best imho.

24 Likes

Listening to this one - and very nice too !
Eddie “lockjaw” Davis (ts)
Shirley Scott (o)
Jerome Richardson (ts) (fl)
George Duvivier (b)
Arthur Edgehill (d)

4 Likes

619dkY1y7VL.AC

Wilko Johnson Presents The First Time I Met The Blues - various artists.

Bouncing round the kitchen at the mo’, preparing a Middle Eastern treat for everyone, to the sound of this collection of 40 of the finest Blues and R 'n B choons from the Chess label.

Curated by the late Wilco Johnson, and he deffo knew his stuff, didn’t he?

Just look at that playlist, will ya?

A potted history of my teenage years.

15 Likes

Sade, Soldier of Love, 2010.

16 Likes

Glorious galactic and earthly jazz from Arkestra alumni and leader plus a couple of Brit musos. Marshall Allen is 98 at the time of this recording. Another damn fine package too on Night Dreamer ‘live’ direct to acetate.

3 Likes

Haven’t watched the Blue-Ray yet,but the blurb in the booklet seems to indicate it is 4K,might be misleading ?

1 Like

Lush: Spooky

1 Like

Eagles - One Of These Nights.

23 Likes