What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

2 Likes

Eric Bibb - Dear America

8 Likes

Blondshell – Blondshell
CD|2023

First heard artist on SiriusXMU channel. Alt-rock. First listen, enjoying so far.

1 Like

The original albums are more spectacular but still nice to listen…

13 Likes

Fantastic, should listen it again more…

15 Likes

2 Likes

Now playing…

Everything But The Girl - Eden

Tracey Thorn (Acoustic Guitar, Vocals), Ben Watt (Guitar, Hammond Organ, Piano, Vocals), Simon Booth (Guitar), Bosco DeOliveira (Percussion), Charles Hayward (Drums), Peter King (Alto Saxophone), Chucke Meichan (Bass), Chucho Merchán (Double Bass), Nigel Nash (Tenor Saxophone), Dic-k Pearce (Flugelhorn, Horn, Trumpet).

Streamed on Qobuz (44.1/16)… kicking off this Monday morning with a Tracey, Ben with their talented band sounded and they are sounding sublime! …a lovely way to ease into the week.

18 Likes

I never considered myself particularly a Led Zep fan when I was younger, but their albums are starting to build in my collection without my noticing - recently:
and

26 Likes

The Jeff Lorber Fusion Hacienda / 2013 Heads Up / US CD / HUI3447602

2 Likes

The Tubes live were nothing like I ever saw before. Couldn’t get over the way Fee was dressed with the high heels. It was a wonder he never broke a leg.

3 Likes

Some grungy americana from ‘William The Conqueror’ to start off today.

1 Like

I love it!

1 Like

Eg and Alice - 24 Years of Hunger

Vinyl.

1 Like

Playing on CD …Get Up Stand Up …Is just robust and brilliant

13 Likes

The Beatles - Revolver

The Giles Martin remix. I’d forgotten just how good this is in its latest remix.

27 Likes

Two excellent duos come together to form an equally excellent quartet. It’s on Qobuz but can be bought from Bandcamp, which is what I did.

Rather than try to describe it, this is what Rovi say about it.

3 Likes

Miles Davis - Miles In The Sky.

13 Likes

2 Likes

Various – Tell Everybody! (21st Century Juke Joint Blues From Easy Eye Sound)
CD|2023

Released last Friday. First listen, really like it so far.

5 Likes

I think I got the tip from you @Gianluigi, many thanks.

1 Like