What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Rolling Stones - It’s Only Rock N Roll.

17 Likes

The Shins – Oh, Inverted World
CD|2001

7 Likes

I have just bought (but not yet played) Karajan’s 1972 recording, with Mirella Freni, Christa Ludwig, Carlo Cossutta, Nicolai Ghiaurov, the Vienna Singverein, and the Berlin PO, part of DGG’s new Original Source vinyl releases.

It would be fascinating to compare Karajan and Solti.

And somewhere the Peter Gunn Theme!

1 Like

LP12 and Ekos looking very stylish!

1 Like

New Jack City, 1991.

I went into Erykah Badu by a strange event, which made me want this old favorite that was unplayed for too many years!

2 Likes

Jim Lea - Therapy

2 Likes

Donald Fagen - The Nightfly

Not many better albums to highlight the fabness of my very-recent LP12 upgrades (Karousel, Kore, Trampolin 2 and Lingo 4).

I bought the LP new in Bristol in 1982, and it still sounds magnificent. As it should. It’s pretty much Steely Dan without Walter Becker.

23 Likes

Thank you @BertBird

3 Likes

The Crusaders Live in Japan / 1993 GRP / France CD / GRP97462

7 Likes

Steve Vai

Passion & Warfare

Edward

9 Likes

Hope you enjoy it Mark, it’s not very long and doesn’t outstay it’s welcome, plus it is well recorded. A pre-fame Norah sounds very confident.

1 Like

Prince - Ultimate, purchased for the second disc, which is a collection of 12" singles. Great stuff.

11 Likes

Joining @AndyP in listening to the latest Bonnie Prince Billy album. I heard him interviewed last week and he said he plans to come to UK next year for some shows. Have seen him a few times and he is always brilliant

6 Likes

Playing my HC 33453/HAL 33453 pressing of the Columbia Mastersound, prompted by @Richard.Dane yesterday on another thread. This certainly sounds “different” from other pressings I have (it’s very exciting, especially on the funkier stuff like “Have A Cigar” and “SOYCD Part 8”) but from my point of view there’s nothing “wrong” with the EQ.

23 Likes

Ron Sexsmith – Retriever
CD|2004

Folk rock. Canadian singer-songwriter. Haven’t listened to this in ages.

6 Likes

Mellow hour with some late 90s Charles Lloyd Canto on ECM CD with Bobo Stenson and Billy Hart. Exquisite.

6 Likes

Slade - We’ll Bring The House Down
After Jim’s and Don’s solo albums it’s time for the full band.

6 Likes

Some interesting Ravel piano music on this new release including an uncut version of Le tombeau de Couperin. The playing is quite austere but very captivating

5 Likes

Steel Pulse - Caught You

Vinyl.

1 Like