What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

18 Likes

Van Morrison - Veedon Fleece.

11 Likes

I am compiling a mini album - a bit of a mix tape but based on only one song written by Chic’s Bernard Edwards and Nile Rodgers.

The song is At Last I Am Free by the following artists.

Chic
Robert Wyatt
Elizabeth Fraser
Dana Gavanski
Monade (Lætitia Sadier from Stereolab)
Fire! Orchestra

3 Likes

Bruce Springsteen

The River

Edward

15 Likes

Guster – Evermotion
CD|2015

Indie rock.

1 Like

Kev, IIRC this was initially cut with the EQ wrongly set for a normal speed cut rather than for a half speed. This was then rectified on 43453.

1 Like

200g vinyl reissue

11 Likes

The Smithereens – Green Thoughts
CD|1988

1 Like

Bob Dylan and The Band - The Basement Tapes.

11 Likes

Wow, where did you dig that LF version?
Wasn’t it released on some sort of Rough Trade compilation? That’s my favourite version.
Respect sir! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yes off a CD on Rough Trade called ‘Stop Me If You Have Heard This One Before’

the Dana Gavanski version is very good and my favourite.

2 Likes

Seattle, 17th July 1973 – one of the best Zep boots. Has a wonderful “No Quarter” with outstanding synth piano work from JPJ, a faster-than-usual “Song Remains The Same” with Bonzo (and JPJ) going at it hammer and tongs and a fantastic 36-minute “Dazed and Confused”. A superb performance all round.

11 Likes

The old Fleetwood Mac track from his up and coming

set. Been listening to a number of trax off this for a few days.

7 Likes

The days when Robert Fripp smiled. Something he seems to be doing again these days.

Giles, Giles and Fripp

The Cheerful Insanity of Giles, Giles and Fripp

IMG_7911

7 Likes

Currently watching some officially restored video of The Band Live in Concert.

10 Likes

Led Zeppelin, III. Omg, it’s a brisky foggy 2 degrees Celsius in Melbourne this morning. Need a bit of pace and sound pressure to get me up. :cold_face:

23 Likes

Bedtime tunes tonight courtesy of the Orpheus Chamber Orchestra & Mozart

6 Likes

Suzi Quattro, your mamma won’t like me. :smiling_face:

8 Likes

Not sure this is the original video, if there ever was one, but it’s pretty atmospheric.

1 Like

He’s a very good singer songwriter imho. My favourite album is Breakfast in New Orleans Dinner in Timbuktu which has some great songs but that is from some while ago now. I need to investigate his more recent stuff as I have lost touch somewhat. And yes a shame not playing further north as I would have been tempted too.

1 Like