What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Next up for me is my favourite Australian band Icehouse and their (as far as I know) debut album - Icehouse

I believe there was some reissue done with a different title or something like that - and this was pre Guy Pratt (better known as Pink Floyd’s latter bass player)

Anyhow I like it ….

4 Likes

1973 - Baron von Tollbooth & The Chrome Nun

7 Likes

Dire Straits, brothers in arms. :smiling_face:

23 Likes

Something a little different from me

Bob Dylan - Modern Times

15 Likes

51EnM1zIu3L.AC
Wynton Kelly Trio : Wes Montgomery - Smokin’ At The Half Note.

10 Likes

Bruce Springsteen, western stars. :smiling_face:

14 Likes

Slight change of tack

Thomas Dolby - Aliens Ate My Buick

14 Likes

Johnny Marr - Fever Dreams. Seeing him in Frome tomorrow night, thought I’d better refresh my memory.

5 Likes

Bonnie Tyler, faster than the speed of night. Omg, it’s 8am in Melbourne, Australia and temperature is still 1c. Was between 0c and -2c two hours ago, depends on who you ask. :cold_face:

6 Likes

Wussy southerners.

1 Like

Totally, especially since I have just been punching keyword at work not moving much. :cold_face:

1 Like

Wow! Proper winter temperatures then!
You should head up to Queensland David, it’s the same temp there as it was here on a summers day In Cambridgeshire (25 degrees in Brisbane and Huntingdon :wink:)

Stick the Carpenters on, mate, Karen will warm you up. :wink:

2 Likes

I know, mate of mine came down from Brisbane last week was just telling me how he has climatized to Brisbane temp and found Melb real cold. He moved up during covid. It’s 7c in Syd and 16c in Briabane. I am sure those used to these cities might still find those temperatures too low. :joy:

The Carpenters clams me down, but it might fire up others. :wink:

3 Likes

Nice an toastie here

Next up something to keep warm with?

Led Zep 1

24 Likes

I did yesterday. Thinking of mixing things up this morning. Moderation, right? :wink:

Nightwish, made in Hong Kong (and in various other places). Was going to play Metallica Master of Puppet or Iron Maiden The Number of the Beast. But couldn’t help myself. Love Marko Hietala and of course Floor Jansen. :smiling_face:

4 Likes

Not sure if this is the best way to start my day but it’s such a great album and probably the saddest. Bowie Blackstar

24 Likes

It’s brilliant, yet I struggle to listen to it.
I think I’ve played it 3 times, it just makes me so sad.
I have the same trouble with Clockwork Angels by Rush, especially the last track; ‘The Garden’:cry:

3 Likes