What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

I have no idea how I came to own this and haven’t played it for years. Shaken and Stirred The David Arnold James Bond Project.

5 Likes

Górecki’s Miserere

7 Likes

The best NY album in a while imo, Chrome Dreams

18 Likes

Had this since its release and always enjoyed in the 18 minute Ordinary People a highlight.

Neil Young - Chrome Dreams ll.

15 Likes

Simon Warner - Waiting Rooms

Imagine Scott Walker on a berserk day coupled with early Bowie/Newley, throw in an elaborate orchestra and a great production.

A gravel Jacques Brel voice.

What sort of a mind came up with songs like this…

4 Likes

Starting this morning with a few classic tunes from the marvellous 10cc…

13 Likes

U2, The Joshua Tree, 1987.

4193CgEeSfL.SL1500

26 Likes

21 Likes

First play of vinyl on Mrs QS’ system this morning as she is working at home. First use of the new/preloved Stageline N too.
I only played side one of this last night, so decided to bring it down and play the rest.

I have seen Beth Hart live many many times and she always delivers such a personal show. It’s hard to capture that on a recording that really engages the listener, but I think this is pretty darn close…:heart:

5 Likes

Here’s one for @QuickSticks - JRiver just served this album in the office.

Sounds amazing via the DAC v1/Nait 50 and not forgetting my humble Diamond 12’s - £200 on the end of a Nait 50 - bloody amazing little things…

Probably helps having Chord Epic speaker cable going to them !!!

3 Likes

FABULOUS album and system to enjoy it on Simon :blush:

Dire Straits. On every street.
From the complete studio album box. Cd rip

22 Likes

This was lobbed on yesterday but forgot to post it up.
No Phil or Steve, but always had a soft-spot for Trespass as it was the first Genesis album I owned.

22 Likes

I’ve been wondering since returning to passive (my xovers have been in storage for years) whether it would be worth having them serviced (Allae’s) not that I’m hearing anything untoward

1 Like

Didnt she suffer a stroke recently? Hope she’s recovered
:heart:

Mahavishnu Orchestra - The Lost Trident Sessions

I saw John has been given a rather nice new guitar by Paul Reed Smith, which prompted me to play this. This is the album which should have been their third album, but internal issues within the band meant that Between Nothingness and Eternity was released instead, which was largely a live version of this.

Here’s John with his new PRS.

8 Likes

Rival Sons - Hollow Bones
Limited Edition Yellow Vinyl Boxset

They’re last really good album for me.
I wasn’t grabbed by either ‘Feral Roots’ or Darkfightet’. They’re not bad albums, it’s just that they’re not as good as ‘Great Western Valkyrie’ or ‘Hollow Bones’ for me. YMMV

That’s the problem we don’t! They could slowly deteriorate and we never notice it. To be honest it may be psychological but they do sound a lot better especially in the highs and at £180 it was worth it for piece of mind as they’re 28 years old. The drivers are all ok, I think! :joy:

1 Like

Enjoying on CD a great debut solo album and some great tracks and guitar work haven’t played it in years
love the mood of the cover as well
31572657-1-pdpxl

22 Likes