What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

LP - Polydor 2021 reissue : )

Baby is the seventh studio album by the band Yello, released in 1991 on the Mercury label. An early cut of the album was used as the incidental soundtrack for the film The Adventures of Ford Fairlane.

Boris Blank – background vocals, arrangements, engineering, mixing
Dieter Meier – vocals

with:

Billy Mackenzie - vocals, background vocals
Marco Colombo – guitar
Ernst Gamper – guitar, cover design
Rolf Aschwander – accordion
Beat Ash – percussion
Kevin Metcalfe – mastering

~ < < :sunny: > > ~

18 Likes

I have no idea why I had the urge to play some Triumph today but I did. So after Progressions of Power, it was time for the follow up Allied Forces - I would guess that this was their biggest seller.

A great slice of early 80’s Canadian Rock. They kind of went downhill a bit after this in most peoples opinions but the albums up to and including this one were quite spirited slices of hard rock. Often compared to Rush which was just lazy, other than being 3 Canadians and having a singer who could get a decent screech going, there wasn’t too much similarity (The Blinding Light Show being the one song that most resembles Rush IMO). Some decent playing, some rocking tunes, ballads to get your lighters out to, whats not to like.
I remember them on the bill at the Heavy Metal Holocaust gig at Port Vale Football club, headlined by the mighty Motorhead. Good times. Give this a whirl and drift back 40 years!!!

4 Likes

The Who - Tommy

Townshend’s second rock opera. Better than the first, but overshadowed massively by the third. When the film of Tommy came out I went to see it no fewer than ten times in a month. How sad is that!

20 Likes

That’s probably it. I prefer my jazz soulful so he does it for me.

1 Like

I went to see it at the premiere week in Leicester Square and got a Tommy badge which I still have somewhere.

A star cast with some great performances.

3 Likes

Ha ha, I was there too and I still have my badge!

3 Likes

It’s one of only two Who albums I own. The other one is Endless Wire on CD, which I have played only once and it will remain that way…:man_facepalming:t2:

I see Keith Moon’s badge went for £960 in auction.

IMG_7913

5 Likes

Although there are one or two exceptions, the Who died for me with Keith. I’ve had several opportunities to see them since, but I just don’t feel it’s the same and I don’t wish to tarnish the memory.

What you haven’t got this one - absolutely magnificent

9 Likes

Deffo died forever when John left us.

I can’t keep up, not sure how I missed this release:

2 Likes

I bought Remasters in 1990 when I lived in Madrid, at Vips of Calle Velazquez. I played it intensively for many weeks, looking at the beautiful cover art.

I know many in this Forum prefer the originals and I can hear they sound slightly different (I just have checked “Dazed and Confused”) and I understand the choice.

But for me this is the best Led Zeppelin cover and two CDs in a row is the minimum dose of LZ that I would recommend.

Almost midnight, playing it loud with headphones in my Hugo 2 and it sounds superb.

Led Zeppelin, Remasters, 1990.

18 Likes

Veronica Swift, confessions. :smiling_face:

Grateful Dead - Blues For Allah.

17 Likes

Bedtime tunes tonight courtesy of Julia Fordham.
Thanks to @ebor, @AndyP and others from the ‘Artists/Bands…’ thread for bringing her back to mind👍🏼

10 Likes

What a complete shame that this group disbanded a few years ago.

Don’t think I’ve heard such raw energy for years - maybe a mixture of Siouxsie B/Garbage/Skunk Anansie - just amazing indie stuff.

Try these tracks/vids:

The stunning Cameras:

Vids:

@TheKevster

2 Likes

Joy Division, unknown pleasures. :smiling_face:

19 Likes

Technics showed the G700 as part of their system at a show here recently and it left a very positive impression on me.

1 Like

Marie Davidson, renegade breakdown. :smiling_face: