What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Eric Clapton - 24 Nights: Orchestral.

10 Likes

Some more Trombone shorty….first album

6 Likes

I also downloaded this Cannonball/Axelrod gem.

From 1974 a very funky album with Phil Upchurch on guitar and George Duke on keyboards.

Cannonball Adderley - Pyramid

5 Likes

Now playing…

Crosby, Stills & Nash - CSN

David Crosby (Acoustic Guitar, Rhythm Guitar, Vocals), Graham Nash (Guitar, Harmonica, Keyboards, Piano, Vocals), Stephen Stills (Bass, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Keyboards, Piano, Electric Piano, Slide Guitar, Timbales, Vocals), Ray Barretto (Congas, Percussion), Craig Doerge (Keyboards, Piano, Electric Piano, Vocals), Tim Drummond (Bass), Mike Finnigan (Keyboards, Organ), Jimmy Haslip (Bass), Gerald Johnson (Bass), Russ Kunkel (Congas, Drums, Percussion), George Chocolate Perry (Bass), Joe Vitale (Drums, Flute, Keyboards, Organ, Percussion, Electric Piano, Synthesizer, Timpani, Vibraphone).

Streaming on Qobuz (192/24)… seeing a couple of mentions above I decided to show the light of day to this 1977 release and take it out for a spin… and CSN are sounding sublime!

13 Likes

2 Likes

I really would like that 192 but it is so expensive. Even with my Qobuz sublime discount it is £18 and the upfront price is £36.

What is that $50 in real money.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Another good album. Big fan of this (which is maybe a bit cheesy but I like it)

3 Likes

George Duke After Hours / 1998 Warner / US CD / 9470732

5 Likes

15 Likes

@AndyP @twofifty – this is an awesome album. Only three tracks, but one of them is the mighty “Tensity” and another is a version of Lalo Schifrin’s “Dialogues for Jazz Quintet and Orchestra”. It’s another Axelrod production and Joe Zawinul plays on it too!

6 Likes

Wish I had that one in the rack.

2 Likes

I’m downloading it tomorrow - £8 on Qobuz.

1 Like

7 Likes

Ah well the other half is home but she wants to watch her Masterchef!

Oh what should I do? Watch it with her or sneak off to the music room - guess what I did?

9 Likes

It’s times like this I wish stuff came post free from the USA. Whatever you want seems to be available at decent prices. Even Europe seems to get a much better deal.

2 Likes

Donald Fagen - Morph the Cat

I haven’t played this album for ages. That was foolish. Despite the absence of Walter Becker, it is so much like 2vN, that it could easily be part two of that album.

16 Likes

.sjb

16 Likes

7 Likes

7 Likes