What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Australian Crawl Greatest Hits, featuring The Boys Light Up, Errol, Downhearted and Reckless. Good honest pub rock from the 80s.

IMG_2970

My favourite Bill Callahan album Dream River

IMG_3495

7 Likes

War Why Can’t We Be Friends

9 Likes

@steviebee great photo - just another in a long line of quality action shots you have posted.

You have a gift for catching the moment - the blur on the guitar headstock is just perfect.

4 Likes

Waking up to Schubert this morning.
Off out to breakfast shortly and then going to one of my favourite preloved vinyl traders to see what we can find…:blush:

4 Likes

Thank you Andy - wish I could say I’d planned the photo that way! Happy accident :laughing:

1 Like

The legendary John Simon producer of the first two albums by The Band.

Musicians on the album include part of The Band, part of Derek and the Dominoes, Part of Fanny, Rolling Stones horn section, Leon Russell, Muscle Shoals musicians and Rita Coolidge.

Includes the classic co-write with Robbie Robertson “Davey’s on the road again”.

Quirky, unique and absolutely brilliant.

John Simon - John Simon’s Album

IMG_7929

5 Likes

Dr Feelgood. Malpractice
If this doesn’t lift your mood, nothing will.
Bought on vinyl but streaming on Qobuz

19 Likes

I’m hoping mine might turn up today. How is your copy @Blackstar reported some slight surface noise on his

Recently watched Working Girl (again) and remembered the soundtrack warmly. It’s not on Qobuz unfortunately

2 Likes

14 Likes

Thelonious Monk in Action.

From the legendary Five Spot, 1958. This might be a photograph of the original Five Spot cafe at 5, Cooper Square, where it was located between 1957 and 1962.

13 Likes

Before also part of my downloads from eclassical at 33% discount

3 Likes

1st run, also part of the 33% discount action of eclassical

3 Likes

Charlotte Greig - Night Visiting Songs. As featured in the Grauniad’s music newsletter. Only the EP available on my streaming services, will be buying the full album in some format. Lovely idiosyncratic folk.

1 Like

6 Likes

Still Beating Down Babylon - Trubute To Junior Byles (Qobuz/Serious Reggae/Dubshot)

As it says, a nice various artists tribute to the great Junior Byles. Name brand artists like Inner Circle, Freddie McGregor and Michael Rose with a host of young upcoming Ja talent putting a fresh spin on Junior Byles tunes (or in the case of tunes like Fever that he recorded and popularised).
I particularly like Likkle Nate’s rendition of the classic Curly Locks, unplugged accompanied by just acoustic guitar, lovely.

Awful sleeve art though

:heart:

3 Likes

If your not familar with Junior Byles, check this expanded version from Trojan of his classic Beat Down Babylon album recorded with Lee Scratch Perry.

On Qobuz

Junior Byles - Beat Down Babylon (Expanded version)

:heart:

3 Likes

Great album - As I recall Jazz Fusion is a bit of a misnomer.