What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

No idea, but lined this up on Qobuz for a curious first listen.
Prompted by Diverse Vinyl’s mailing list giving them props congratulating them on hitting the charts with this album. Diverse describe them as Newport ragga metallers!
A band from Newport Wales fusing Reggae and Heavy Metal on a label called Earache! Will it give me one?

Allmusic;
“A Welsh metal group that fuses reggae rhythms with chugging nu-metal riffs, Skindred’s idiosyncratic style draws from a wide range of genres that also include hardcore punk, jungle, ska, hip-hop, dancehall, drum’n’bass, and dubstep. Emerging in the early aughts, the band topped the Billboard reggae charts with their 2002 debut, Babylon, while reaching the upper echelons of the U.K. metal charts with high-energy efforts like Volume (2015) and Big Tings (2018). Smile, the stalwart metaller’s eighth long-player, appeared in 2023.”

:heart:

1 Like

Yes, there is a bit of surface noise and a few light clicks. I’ve yet to run it through the RCM though.

1 Like

Thats a pity, hope it cleans up

Marvin Gaye What’s Goin On, I was going to play Let’s Get It On but realised I’m home alone.:grin:

29 Likes

Springsteen - Greetings From Asbury Park, N.J.

An album I was aware of at parties in the late 70s but somehow overlooked. So I bought this virtually unknown to me CD in Oxfam yesterday. What an album!

I found this on Wiki, which I liked: "Peter Knobler wrote in Crawdaddy that “he sings with a freshness and urgency I haven’t heard since I was rocked by Like a Rolling Stone … the album rocks, then glides, then rocks again. There is the combined sensibility of the chaser and the chaste, the street punk and the bookworm.”

Great album (and this is it’s second play.)

10 Likes

Free - Heartbreaker.

Mrs. G. is doing a locum at the hospital so this is on LOUD like it should be.

19 Likes

Needed some Latin jazz from this fantastic record. Ibrahim Ferrer

16 Likes

It certainly has a Latin American vibe in places but yes I wouldn’t regard it in the same genre as Buena Vista Social Club for example.

A 4-CD boot set of three concerts in Japan (1978, 1990 and 1995). A random pick off the shelf…

11 Likes

Genesis. Selling England… One of my wife’s old bits of vinyl. Still enjoyable.

26 Likes

You rude man !!!

Just got home from the Corner Bar in Rozelle watching Matilda’s get thrashed by Sweden

But hand on heart - probably 4th in the tournament about right for them and we’ll done I say

onanism? :wink:

1 Like

Dido, greatest hits. :smiling_face:

6 Likes

Past his bedtime he’s probably asleep by now :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

No he’s not his listening to music while watching football. Going to stay up for EPL😳

1 Like

Porcupine Tree The Delerium Years 1991 - 1997 13 CD Box Set with 140 page hardback book

8 Likes

Graham Collier - Down Another Road (My Only Desire LP)

Enjoying my first listen today.
Graham Collier’s sextet recorded live in 1969 by Sveriges Radio, nicely remastered and cut by Gearbox Records.
Great job from My Only Desire, and a nice companion to their earlier Graham Collier British Conversations LP.

@Blackstar @Dynaudio1 pleased to say no noise on my copy. I did note, although poly lined sleeves, a lot of paper dust and other debris on the surface but a good brush, splosh n suck and everything cushty!

:heart:

6 Likes

From this mornings haul.
Jeff Buckley - Grace on CD

16 Likes

A fine 2000 album of previously unreleased David Sylvian material. Rather lovely

13 Likes

I played it on Bandcamp and will be ordering anon.