What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Nope, it’s her usual black Strat afaik…she used a nice white guitar (don’t know the make) for a few gigs earlier this year - think the Strat was having some work done. And…I am blessed - I’ll be seeing her at three more gigs coming up in the first half of September - Vooduu Heaven!

1 Like

Haevn - Holy Ground 2022

I heard the title track on a film a few weeks ago and ordered the album, took a while to arrive but it’s worth it, perfect for a Sunday afternoon.

2 Likes

6 Likes

Was intending to listen to the St. Etienne album of the same name, but this popped up and I do love it, so:

11 Likes

So I wasn’t blown away by Joni’s ‘Chalk Mark in a Rain Storm’. I didn’t hate it, but it certainly won’t be hitting the top of my favourite Joni albums anytime soon.
Staying with female Singer Songwriters, Taylor Swift - Speak Now (Taylor’s Version)

Now this is currently at the top of my favourite TS albums😊

7 Likes

10 Likes

I’m very envious, she’s some girl!

Still, I got to see Yuja Wang with the LSO a few weeks ago, and she’s special too!

1 Like

Havin’ an Ese Sunday, @TheKevster?

So would I be, if I wasn’t at effing work :hot_face:

1 Like

And she has the best earring ever:
“Fear No Man”

2 Likes

The Decemberists – I’ll Be Your Girl
vinyl|2018

Indie rock. Haven’t listened to this in a bit.

11 Likes

Ok, so Taylor wasn’t doing it for me this afternoon.
Thought I’d give Cats in Space and ‘Kick Start The Sun’ a run.

Streamed because I couldn’t be bothered to get the vinyl off the rack, just in case I can’t get into this either… :man_shrugging:t4:

I can’t imagine that much scares her!

Aoife O’Donovan – Aoife O’Donovan Plays Nebraska
vinyl|2021

10 Likes

1984 album,not my favourite,but worth a listen.

10 Likes

Would that be her take on Mr Springsteen’s lo-fi masterpiece, or is it something else entirely?

Do you know Mr Reed’s very dark masterpiece ‘Magic And Loss’?

Hi @anon70766008, yes, you are right, it’s her interpretation on the Boss.

It’s up next Graham !

11 Likes

A wonderful, dense record. I bought it first as a CD, which came in a one-off chunky metal case, that looked as if it came from a mediaeval dungeon, but I have it also on the very standard LP, as shown in your photo.

2 Likes

Mines a reissue,three sided . Wonderful album.

2 Likes