What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

I think that Mr Springsteen recorded demos for the ‘Nebraska’ album on a low quality cassette tape, but then decided that he preferred that to the more polished versions that he recorded in the studio. So CBS/Sony cleaned up the cassette version as best they could and released it.

It’s pretty obvious to me now that this must be her take on the Springsteen original, as the album covers are so similar!

1 Like

Good to hear that you’re enjoying it. I must dig out my LP, which - as best as I recall - is just a standard two-sided LP. I hope that I don’t need to buy an ‘improved’ version.

1 Like

Bob James - One - 1974

Cropped up on a playlist so giving it a try out.
45648031-BC6D-47AB-A076-F568DBAD1623

3 Likes

That’s pretty cool. Thanks for sharing, Graham.

Alela Diane With Heather Woods Broderick And Mirabai Peart – Live At The Map Room
vinyl|2021

7 Likes

On Vinyl:
61nrwlDCbjL.AC_UY327_FMwebp_QL65

9 Likes

Top Summer Sunday arvo fare - Roy Harper Bullinamingvase with the epic One of those Days in England. UK Harvest first press (with Watford Gap).

13 Likes

Prefab Sprout - Jordan the comeback

…because I’m too lazy to clean the copy of ‘From Langley Park to Memphis’ that I bought yesterday.

14 Likes

Just played for second time today and yes it is really very good. His guitar playing is quite exceptional.
Can’t understand why it went under my radar.
Probably good example of focusing too much on an artists most famous release .
Don’t think ever saw him live but not sure :woozy_face:

Rain Tree Crow - 1991

It’s become a real ear-worm the past few weeks :grinning: Fabulously foreboding at times, a real gem imo.

13 Likes

Tame Impala – The Slow Rush
2LP|2020

9 Likes

Turned into a Lou Reed session.

8 Likes

On Vinyl
Dr-John-Locked-Down
Dr John - Locked down

14 Likes

Now playing…

David Sylvian - Secrets Of The Beehive

David Sylvian (Vocals, Piano, Acoustic Guitar, Organ, Synths, , Tapes, Treated Piano), Ryuichi Sakamoto (String Arrangement, Organ, Synths, Piano, Treated Piano, Woodwind Arrangement, Brass Arrangement), Steve Jansen (Drums), David Torn (Electric Guitar, Guitar Loop), Danny Thompson (Double Bass), Danny Cummings (Percussion), Phil Palmer (Slide Guitar, Acoustic Guitar) and Mark Isham (Flugelhorn).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… kicking off this Sunday morning with David’s ‘Secrets of the Beehive’ and he and the band are sounding sublime! One fine album…

20 Likes

Charles Bradley – Black Velvet
vinyl|2018

Soul, funk.

7 Likes

The Beatles - A Hard Days Night.

After a hard weekend, this just feels right.

23 Likes

Now playing…

Carla Fuchs - Songbird

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… Carla singing songs from Sandy Denny and she is sounding mighty sweet! I had this album flagged in my queue and now taking out for a spin…

4 Likes

6 Likes

Asked for another from the River, arrived today and yes after a ‘“brush, splosh & suck” I can confer “everything cushty” :rofl:
Pleased I decided to ask for a replacement even though the first copy wasn’t all that bad & I could’ve easily lived with it. :+1:

1 Like

Seeing as I mentioned them as an artist/band I thought would be big decided to give them a play ….

VAST - Visual Audio Sensory Theatre

3 Likes