What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

His Popness // Lust for Life from 1977, produced by Bowie. :sunglasses:

24 Likes

After seeing this has had another new release and noting @seakayaker’s post earlier decided to pull out my copy from a few years back

Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense : Special New Edition, released '99.

24 Likes

Iggy Pop - The Idiot - 1977

I really like Dum Dum Boys off this album.

20 Likes

Screamadelica Boxset - Primal Scream.

Well, it was number one on my list of “10 most played albums”, elsewhere … … so … … …

17 Likes

it is a pretty special line-up when you think about it, and all those different genres of music represented?

2 Likes

Speakers Corner all-analogue pressing:

12 Likes

Now playing…

Rhiannon Giddens - You’re the One

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… returning home from visiting a friend who is laid up for a couple of weeks and taking this new release, August 11th, from Rhiannon out for a spin. …and Rhiannon is sounding mighty sweet!

7 Likes

Neil Young & The Bluenotes - This Notes For You.

16 Likes

Not seen much love for the Bibbers here but what’s not to like - pounding rock rhythms and two sax front men? Led Bib Umbrella Weather.

Rainbow Kitten Surprise – How To: Friend, Love, Freefall
vinyl|2018

Indie rock. Was looking for something I haven’t played it in a while. This fit the bill.

2 Likes

Dory Previn - Mary C. Brown and the Hollywood Sign

Oh Dory Previn turn her up to eleven.

Just listening to a programme on a Radio 4 Extra about the Hollywood sign.

IMG_7941

6 Likes

John Cale & Terry Riley, Church Of Anthrax:

11 Likes

One of those days today so needing to let loose a bit ….

Slipknot - 0.5: The Gray Chapter

I know most here wouldn’t touch this with the proverbial barge pole - but to some - including me - the raw nature of music like this helps…

5 Likes

Now playing…

Warren Eiders - Pretty Little Poison

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)… Warren releasing his first album after posting on Tik Toc and having millions of view of him singing country western songs, so taking out his August 17 release for a spin. First time listen and he is sounding mighty fine! Not every ones cup of tea but having in lived in Texas for a few years I did enjoy a number of the live acts and dance halls that I was introduced to while there. Life is sweet!

2 Likes

One of those albums I just never tire of. This is the excellent 50th anniversary edition

25 Likes

The Very Best Of Buddy Holly And The Crickets, a very generous 36 tracks.

12 Likes

The Grateful Dead – Live/Dead
2LP|2011

MoFi release of the 1969 album.

17 Likes

The (now very rare) Mosaic 5-LP box set of The Complete In A Silent Way Sessions from 2001:

17 Likes

That’s not released here until Friday - did you luck into a pre-release copy?

Lionel Richie, Tuskegee. :smiling_face:

4 Likes