What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

That’s my favourite Pete closely followed by New York which I imagine is your first.

2 Likes

No Blue Mask is my favourite.

1 Like

Sam Apple Pie. Self titled debut.
I saw this band at a concert at Dudley zoo in 1970 but don’t remember their performance because I was mainly interested in seeing Tyrannosaurus Rex.
Thanks to @AndyP for reminding me they were on the bill.
This album is really very very good and can’t understand why today is the first time I’ve heard it.
Thanks also to Qobuz

1 Like

Birdy’s new album. Why?

Because I know its supposed to be a bit more upbeat and poppy than previous releases.

Well, it is to a certain degree but still has her signature sound on several tracks. Very nice album.

7 Likes

Think I know why. Might need to revisit that one.

Mike Oldfields Tubular Bells 50th Anniversary

13 Likes

Blue Mask is great comeback album and it sounds good, I have it hi res. Transformer comes in 4th.

1 Like

Berlin is a classic but bit too bleak to get regular plays.

1 Like

Hatfield and the North - Live 1990

Even without Dave Stewart, who’s replaced by the most capable Sophia Domancich, it’s still a joy to listen to the glorious Hatfields. Besides, anything with Richard Sinclair has to be heard.

6 Likes

Same here I love it but it’s just hard going some days. Lou Reed was a very interesting character sadly missed now all we get a “someone’s got talent from somewhere” and they all sound the same.

Oh well mustn’t grumble. :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Indeed James. I also have the Complete Bitches Brew and Complete Miles Davis/Gil Evans Columbia Studio Recordings boxes. There are a couple of Ellingtons I would love to get too.

3 Likes

Ben Sherman still alive in this household :+1::neutral_face:

6 Likes

But anyone can show me a picture of their Ben Shermans on their hangers, in the wardrobe, rather than the “in use” picture, with buttons straining, and a hint of belly fat on display.

Either that, or you’re just showing off. :flushed: :joy: :joy:

5 Likes

George Benson - The Other Side Of Abbey Road, featuring a lovely version of “Oh Darling” in which he slows it down a touch and it becomes a different song.

10 Likes

Ok, I’m busted! , just like the buttons :grin:

2 Likes

Loving on CD

16 Likes

1997 vinyl release… :sunglasses: :notes: :grinning: :+1:t3:

15 Likes

The Hatfield fest continues here. First with Hatwise Choice, then Hattitude.

5 Likes

On CD:-

Mendelssohn - Symphonies 1 & 5 - Kurt Masur - Gewandhaus Orchester Leipzig

2 Likes

Thunder. Behind Closed Doors. CD. 1995. Number 5 UK album. Still one of my favourite bands, Bluesy Hard Rock with Soul.

5 Likes