What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

This is always a contender as my favourite Dylan album. It also sits at the top table of all my favourite albums!

16 Likes

1979 vinyl release… :+1:t3: :notes: :sunglasses:

23 Likes

Paul McCartney - Choba b CCCP.

10 Likes

I need something to put a smile on my face after 3 1/2 hours of Tubular Bells 50th, I didn’t realise the Qobuz copy was the deluxe. I love the album but it does get a bit monotonous after so many versions.

This always cheers me up Bryan Ferry These Foolish Things

17 Likes

You seem to have a lot of problems with streaming/broadband @QuickSticks :frowning:

I’ve bought them from just about everywhere I’ve gone, they seem harder to get and less adventurous these days. Pity I love the ones I own (that’s if the other half hasn’t thrown them out :grin:).

3 Likes

The Romantics. In Heat. 1983.

Pure class cult band.

2 Likes

Eric Clapton - Pilgrim, on sacd, this album really gives the bass drivers a workout and highlights Nathan East’s excellent bass prowess.

12 Likes

CD4 of this excellent collection

.sjb

6 Likes

Although no longer featuring on the High St, Ben Sheman shops tend to populate the Designer Outlets that have sprung up over the UK. At least they have not gone the same way as many defunct brands. it’s nice to still have something available from our youth. My wife indulges me, but has been known to comment " not checks again? "

4 Likes

I’ll finish my rather long day with a Bowie album that made my top 10 on another thread. Young Americans

Remember If it’s not broken, keep fixing it until it is. :grin:

23 Likes

Belly – Dove
CD rip|2018

Indie rock.

3 Likes

It’s Sonos that causes most of my problems in that area these days. Sonos + Qobuz is a lottery as far as performance goes in this house.
By this time next year, all my Sonos will have been replace with MuSo.
My streaming issues were fully resolved by my switch to 4G Broadband, earlier this year @Blackstar.
My son and I have both had Sonos systems for years and have always had intermittent issues with them.
The old line is very true in this case, ‘They’re fine when they’re working”!:man_facepalming:t2:

Marc Maron - WTF Podcast. Why? Due to the sad news about Robbie Robertson and William Friedkin Marc has re-released two of his most interesting interviews in recent years. Both of these long form conversations are truly excellent and well worth your time. I listened to each when first published, and it was fascinating revisiting them, although bitter sweet of course. If you grew up watching 70s movies at in appropriate age (as I did) such as The French Connection, Sorcerer and The Exorcist, then the Friedkin chat is essential listening.

William Friedkin: Episode 684
Robbie Robertson: Episode 781

1 Like

I share your obsession.I used to have a cupboard full of Sherman.
Now Fred Perry polos are my go to top nowadays.

2 Likes

Ry Cooder - Paradise And Lunch.

17 Likes

:+1: exactly!

1 Like

Might need to expand the photo…Abba in concert recorded off my Goodmans Module 90 via my JVC KD720 cassette deck on Christmas Day, 1979.

I felt decidedly melancholic listening to this, especially when the Radio 1 broadcast finished and I found myself listening to tracks I had recorded for playing in the car (Vauxhall Ventora II for students of God-awful 1970’s cars).

It triggered a lot of memories and thoughts. Strange.

9 Likes

Interpol – Turn On The Bright Lights
CD rip|2002

Indie rock. Great album.

5 Likes

Not quite as early, but I know what you mean. Nostalgia is a double edged sword. Where did that time go?

2 Likes