What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Cracking album, might indulge in a Beth fest today.

1 Like

Seems to be missing from my collection :joy:

1 Like

Never heard of Beth Orton so thought I’d have a listen.
Dipping my toe with ‘Daybreaker’…

Edit
This is really rather good. Thank you @Pete_the_painter for posting. I have discovered yet another new artist to explore the back catalog of😊

12 Likes

I saw Beth at a church in Ashford, Kent. The heating had packed in, she had a cold and was spitting bullets and couldn’t wait to get off.

Said she wouldn’t play Dolphins and introduced her guitar playing husband (Sam Amidon) as Fernando.

She did do a superb version Big Star’s ‘Thirteen’.

We all have our off days but even for her it was a magnificent performance.

5 Likes

Try Trailer Park, great album.

3 Likes

Bob Dylan. Oh Mercy
Just when I was about to lose faith he releases this masterpiece. Aided by Daniel Lanois it’s a belter.
Cd rip

19 Likes

Yeah, I’m going to give her whole back catalog a try in the coming days Pete. I’m really enjoying Daybreaker👍🏼

2 Likes

On CD:-
61ULohPGr3L._AC_1

Bruckner - Symphony No. 3 - Haitink - The Concertgebouw Orchestra

7 Likes

One of my all time favourite composers. For me, the man didn’t write a bad Symphony😊

1 Like

I thought you were telling us you’d been playing Haircut 100’s finest tunes, and that these were a small selection of your very own Favourite Shirts!

1 Like

On the advice of @Pete_the_painter, following ‘Daybreaker’ with ‘Trailer Park’.

I think I’ll move on from Miss Orton after this one for today…:thinking:

11 Likes

I’d recommend you try Beth’s Central Reservation. It’s more melodic than either Daybreaker or Trailer Park and is, therefore, more accessible.

7 Likes

…and it’s also her best album. :sunglasses:

9 Likes

Haircut 100!, there’s a blast from the past, one of my late sister’s favourite groups.

1 Like

Starting the day in a rather predictable fashion

618-71tUyeL.AC
The Beatles - A Hard Day’s Night, in stereo.

24 Likes

Thanks Clive. I really enjoyed both Daybreaker and Trailer Park, but I will be giving the rest a listen in the coming days/weeks😊

After finishing cleaning the last of the preloved records I purchased at the weekend, thought I’d continue my day with Nils Lofgren - Night Fades Away.
This record is in lovely condition and I’m really enjoying the songs on this first listen :blush:

8 Likes

Playing on Vinyl

9 Likes

The Superior Sound Of Elton John (1970-1975), an early example of well known material being remixed and presented in the then new digital medium. An interesting listen, with only a couple of tracks imo losing their original power and slam in their remixed form.

8 Likes

Another of the freshly cleaned haul from the weekend.
Prefab Sprout - From Langley Park to Memphis

16 Likes