What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

King Crimson - THRAK - 1995

One I’d forgotten about to be honest, but some half decent ‘old school’ Crimson on show mixed with some suspect stuff akin to when Yes lost their way.

7 Likes

had that on yet again earlier, magic!

As it is still out.

11 Likes

Fleetwood Mac - Rumours, on a lovely Japanese pressing from 1980.

21 Likes

Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road.

20 Likes

Sabbs - 1970 + a beer

Cheers all!

25 Likes

An early Undertones “greatest”.

Everything just seemed so effortless for them, some really outstanding tracks on this.

.sjb

5 Likes

Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble - The Sky Is Crying.

24 Likes

Best produced album of the 70’s? Gotta be close.

15 Likes

Although there now performing in smaller venues the band are still touring and producing excellent AOR with their latest release being Thirteen (their 13th album) which came out early last year, the band still contains 3 of the original members in Merv Goldsworthy, Pete Jupp and the excellent Steve Overland on vocals who all performed and toured their excellent initial release Indiscreet although their aptly named keyboard player at the time Didge Digital left after their equally as good 1989 follow up to Indiscreet Tough It Out.
Needless to say I was and still am a huge fan.

1 Like

Yes, us too.
We saw them on that first tour and a few times since.
Last time was when they toured with Romeos Daughter 5th May 2017. Really good night.

2 Likes

21 Likes

Now playing…

Matthew Halsall & The Gondwana Orchestra - When The World Was One

Matthew Halsall (Trumpet), Nat Birchall (Saxophone), Lisa Mallett (Flute), Keiko Kitamura (Koto), Rachael Gladwin (Harp), Taz Modi (Piano), Gavin Barras (Bass) and Luke Flowers (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… continuing on this afternoon with Matthew along with his orchestra and they are sounding sublime! One beautiful album…

7 Likes

Tedeschi Trucks Band - Everybody’s Talkin’

12 Likes

Suzanne Vega, solitude standing live 2012. :smiling_face:

12 Likes

Started with a suggestion from @GraemeBC John Hiatt - The Eclipse sessions,

but unfortunately not doing it for me tonight, nothing wrong with it just not in the mood.
One for tomorrow.

Moved on to FM - Indiscreet - the original

after a a memory stir from @QuickSticks think it was as a support for Gary Moore I saw them way back in 1986.

Good stuff then and now wasn’t until I rummaged in Qobuz for the album did I see how much output they have released in the intervening 37 years even without that brilliantly named Didge Digital.

7 Likes

Supertramp - Even In The Quietest Moments - CD

21 Likes

41Qe77L-OcL.AC
Prince - Batman.

11 Likes

Talk Talk: The Colour of Spring
Quobuz, remastered 96/24

Hang on, was this one my favorite? It’s just impossible to say, but what a spectacular album it is.

26 Likes

Yes, that is Alvin Stardust.

Why? This is not My Coo Ca Choo. posthumous release from 2014. Think atmospheric, Western flavoured, country rock with more than a hint of Johnny Cash. Try a listen without preconceptions.

steve

5 Likes