What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

On CD:-

Herbie Hancock - Fat Albert Rotunda

10 Likes

Haven’t played Pink Floyds DSOTM for awhile, still takes my breath away. A Masterpiece.

36 Likes

Rog would like to sell you a new better version😂

3 Likes

It Bites - Thank You and Goodnight

Marking the departure of Dunnery, it really captures It Bites at their best. It Bites really were a cracking good live band. Having played three discs from the Live in London set earlier in the week, I thought I’d go back for more. I really must play the live DVD.

3 Likes

Playing on Vinyl - Great guitar work @ lyrics

20 Likes

Fabs on, off work, can’t complain.
b65d69c5

23 Likes

A song that always touches me just as strongly when I play it, not least because of singer Dolores O’Riordan’s tragic fate and untimely death :tulip:

6 Likes

Neil Young - Chrome Dreams

18 Likes

The National - First Two Pages Of Frankenstein. Second spin of the latest album from them and it’s sounding excellent.

9 Likes

OMD - 1981

16 Likes

Lukas Nelson + Promise of the Real - Sticks and Stones

2 Likes

Prompted by todays news from across the pond

:wink:

22 Likes

Faces. Good boys…when they are asleep. Compilation. Not played this in ages. CD.

Edit; The song “Love Lives Here” from 71 has some serious similarities with Fool to Cry written later by the Glimmer Twins. I don’t believe Wood had any input on FTC. Hmm.

15 Likes

Siouxsie and the Banshees, the best of. :smiling_face:

15 Likes

Son Volt - Honky Tonk

6 Likes

Getting ready for the long weekend in the UK with some Latin jazz vocal. If that’s the right term. Anyway this is lovely

2 Likes

Love this one, and Open Sesame.

12 Likes

Muddy Waters - Folk Singer

I’m not much of a blues fan, but I bought this years ago when I was still occasionally tempted by audiophile releases. It always sounded a bit “meh” to me. However… I’ve just played it on my newly upgraded LP12, and it sounds extraordinary.

What have I been missing?! Maybe I need to listen to some more classic acoustic blues. Any suggestions?

20 Likes

Son Volt - Union

7 Likes

Daniel Lanios - Acadie
1989 Warner CD

One of my best CDs I own. Just love it. I have been playing it dozens of times.

Just enjoying it while I am washing some records

18 Likes