What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

I haven’t made an entry on the Top 10 albums of all time thread but this would definitely be on it. I just love this album. River Man is my absolute fave ND song and could make it onto funeral
songs short list

30 Likes

Sounding, well…Bonnie.

G

18 Likes

Bunny - the new album from Willie J Healey. Has a very early 70’s West Coast feel to it and a fair nod to JJ Cale. Recommended

1 Like

Tres Hombres - ZZ Top.

BROWN SUGAR
JUST GOT PAID
HEARD IT ON THE X
LA GRANGE
TUSH
THUNDERBIRD
I’M BAD, I’M NATIONWIDE
LEGS
GIMME ALL YOUR LOVIN’
BLUE JEANS BLUES
CERTIFIED BLUES
TUBE SNAKE BOOGIE

Raw - "That Little Ol’ Band From Texas Soundtrack - ZZ Top.

The neighbour’s away, the Les Paul is plugged in, and it’s getting LOUD around here … … … Ah Haw Haw Haw.

22 Likes

Now listening to Fletcher Moss Park by Matthew Halsall. Mellow jazz vibes + decent claret on a bank holiday Sunday = a good time

13 Likes

Recorded many years before she sadly died……he befriended her.

6 Likes

Bob Dylan - Planet Waves, first play @Tony :+1:

11 Likes

That BAAAASS! Love this cover version.

G

5 Likes

His best album.

2 Likes

Now playing…

Kandace Springs - My Name is Sheba

Streaming on Qobuz (192/24)… returning from a 4 mile walk including climbing 85 flights of stair and settling in with a sandwich, cup of coffee, glass of water and with Kandance and taking her January, 2022 release out for a spin… and as always she is sounding sublime! One fine album…

5 Likes

I can see how many view that, after the first play. My favourite till now is Blood On the Tracks, but that doesn’t have to be his best.

2 Likes

Enjoy it, Alan. It’s a great album! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Superb album.

A few years ago I was interviewed on the radio by Toby Buckland about a gardening project. He asked me to select a track and I went for ‘Fruit Tree’, suggesting it was a horticultural favourite :grinning:

All three albums are incredible - such a shame he didn’t see how cherished and respected they’ve become.

5 Likes

That ZZ Top documentary is excellent.

I’d love to explore Texas (I’ve transited through Dallas airport - not good enough really).

3 Likes

‘Oxygene’ - Jean Michel Jarre

Sounding sublime on a Sunday evening.

26 Likes

Old Spot - Old Spot.

Fiddle and banjo Appalachian Bluegrass style by a Brit duo with a laid back lo-fi approach.

2 Likes

In transit for work, years ago, I did manage to wangle a couple of two day stopovers in Austin, a fine, music lovin’ town, Y’all. :musical_note: :notes: :guitar: :drum: :musical_keyboard:

2 Likes

This is a fabulous album. Kenny Barron’s piano and Dave Holland’s double bass.

4 Likes

LP - Polydor 2021 reissue : )

Zebra is the eighth studio album by the electronica Swiss band Yello.
The record was released on 17 October 1994 through 4th & B’way and Mercury labels.

Boris Blank – background vocals, arranger, engineer
Dieter Meier – lyricist, vocals
with:
Ian Shaw – background vocals
Marco Colombo – guitar
Rene Chico Hablas – guitar
Kevin Metcalfe – mastering

:zebra:

10 Likes

I have posted this recently but have no reservations in doing so again. Her transcriptions for organ of Britten’s ‘Four Sea Interludes’ ( from Peter Grimes) and Ravel’s ‘ Le Tombeau de Couperin’ are just astonishing. Wish I had a pair of PMC MB2 SE ‘s for the bass :roll_eyes:

4 Likes