What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Now playing…

Molly Tuttle - City of Gold

Molly Tuttle (Acoustic Guitar, Vocals), Kyle Tuttle (Banjo, Vocals), Jordan Perlsan (Drums), Shelby Means (Bass, Vocal), Dave Matthews (Vocals), Dominick Leslie (Mandolin), Bronwyn Keith-Hynes (Fiddle, Vocals) and Jerry Douglas (Dobro).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… nothing like a little bluegrass to clear the head and get the feet moving in the morning! Molly and the band are sounding mighty fine…

11 Likes

Because he went to Leeds College of Music (but really because he’s made great music over many years). Isotope I thought we’re great. Blue vinyl.

8 Likes

Whitesnake

Saints and Sinners

Edward

10 Likes

7 Likes

John Cale - Mercy (2023)

Late-career majesty from Mr. Cale. I love most of his post-Velvets albums, and this is at least as good as any of them.

Shame about the cover though. Maybe it has a significance that eludes me.

3 Likes

Mipso - Book Of Fools
vinyl|2023

Released Friday. Enjoyable album.

1 Like

On CD:-

Stackridge - Friendliness

12 Likes

Now playing…

Brandy Clark - Brandy Clark

Brandy Clark (Acoustic Guitar), Brandi Carlile (Acoustic Guitar, Harmonium, Moog Synthesizer, Piano, Vocals), Jay Carlile (Harmonica), Matt Chamberlain (Drums, Percussion), Steve Fishell (Pedal Steel Guitar), Jedd Hughes (Banjo, 12 String Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Resonator Guitar), Josh Neumann (Cello), Kyleen King (Viola), Holly Laessig (Vocals), Lucius (Featured Artist), Dave Palmer (Keyboards, Mellotron, Moog Synthesizer, Organ, Piano, Wurlitzer), Chauntee Ross (Violin), Monique Ross (Cello), Sebastian Steinberg (Bass, Upright Bass), Derek Trucks (Slide Guitar) and Jess Wolfe (Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this morning with another play of this album from Brandy released May 18th and she and the band are sounding mighty sweet! One fine song writer working with a group off talented musicians makes for one fine album…

8 Likes

Perfect Sunday listening. Great production. Great pressing.

Deep Purple

Burn

Edward

12 Likes

Chip Wickham - Love & Life

I saw this posted a day or so ago then I saw it was about £3 with Qobuz Sublime and then I gave it a quick listen.

Absolutely amazing a thing of beauty. Having said that I should have known it’s on Gondwana Records.

6 Likes

The Staves – Dead & Born & Grown
vinyl|2022

Have the 10th anniversary release of this album. First listen and enjoying so far. Looking forward to the rest of the album.

5 Likes

Half speed mastered vinyl. Sounds wonderful.

One on One is a 1979 collaboration album by jazz keyboardist Bob James and guitarist Earl Klugh that won the Grammy Award for Best Pop Instrumental Performance in 1981.”

“In 1982 the album was certified gold in the United States” Wiki.

5 Likes

And completely incognito cover…
How about a clue?
:wink:

1 Like

Just when you thought you knew an album inside out…along comes PhoenixNET.

G

23 Likes

Deep Purple

Stormbringer

Edward

14 Likes

Vivaldi, for Viola d’amore . Vivaldi’s nickname was “The Red Priest”

Vinyl. Lovely.

10 Likes

Oops :smiley:

My copy has a label (and a free CD).

BB in the house. Literally.

G

22 Likes

Listened to it earlier, what a beautiful album. Buying it next time I fire up the laptop.

1 Like