What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Earth, Wind & Fire, Raise! Very sorry to hear. Please take care. Condolences @GeoffC.

14 Likes

Love Chris Rea, have you got the Blue Guitars box set? Some great playing on this set.

5 Likes

sorry to hear your sad news Geoff, take care.

2 Likes

Daft Punk, random access memories. :smiling_face:

20 Likes

No I haven’t I’m afraid. Having started at the beginning with Benny Santini, I felt that by the time Auberge came around that Rea had become very predictable. Therefore his releases stopped being automatic purchases and I just enjoyed what I had. However I have picked up a few more albums over the years, a favourite being God’s Great Banana Skin, which I feel was a return to form.

2 Likes

Van Morrison - Roll With The Punches.

8 Likes

Another great ACE compilation

.sjb

4 Likes

Sincerest condolences Geoff. It’s a tough time but it seems you had a great relationship with your Dad which is not granted to everyone and have many musical memories to savour.

.sjb

4 Likes

Thank you @Sloop_John_B and all the others for your kind words, they are a real help at this time.

Indeed, I was very fortunate to have such a positive relationship with my Dad and to hear many excellent musical performances together. Certainly it will bring him close again when I am revisiting those tunes, or discovering new songs I know he would enjoy.

14 Likes

An absolute joy

17 Likes

front

1 Like

5 disc edition.

18 Likes

BGJ500

5 Likes

Always been one of my favs.

6 Likes

.sjb

8 Likes

China Crisis. Difficult Shapes & Passive Rhythms. Debut album 1982.

Always liked these guys. Even early on you can hear some Steely Dan influence. Walter Becker played and produced on a couple of later albums.

14 Likes

That is a lovely album. I will have to sift through and find my copy, bought on release all those years ago…(feeling old now! :man_white_haired:t4:):joy:

2 Likes

The Beatles - Revolver - CD Stereo Box set

28 Likes

More China Crisis. Vinyl. 1985. Probable their best, certainly the most successful.

“The album was produced by Steely Dan co-founder Walter Becker, who is credited as an official member of China Crisis on the record sleeve. Becker apparently requested to meet with the band after hearing their song “Papua” from their previous studio album” WIKI.

15 Likes

My sincere condolences Geoff

2 Likes