What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Jimmy Buffet - Volcano - CD

Just heard the sad news that Jimmy had passed away, always liked his music, this was always a fav. R.I.P Jimmy

7 Likes

Good man, excellent. Oh yes, sure we are all suckers for it, lol. But its nice to spontaneous about these things and enjoy the music :smile:

1 Like

16 Likes

Santana - Moonflower.

22 Likes

Sad indeed,we were sat in his bar in New Orleans around 10years ago,had a great time,local band playing,and anyone could get up and sing with them.

2 Likes

Had a bit of The Alan Parsons Project - The Turn of a Friendly Card…

…now moved on to the first post Gabriel Genesis album, A Trick of the Tail😊

…because we’re all about the PROG here this week😉

21 Likes

Three Cane Whale - Palimpsest. A mate saw these last night in Bridport, so I thought I’d give them a listen. Lovely, intricate, “chamber-folk”. Recorded at One World and produced by Adrian Utley.

3 Likes

A slice of pure energetic carefree bubblegum pop with the debut from The Go! Team. Sounds like it was recorded in a metal biscuit tin, but wonderful nonetheless. Think Cornershop a bit of the Avalanches with skipping ropes thrown in. Try the tracks Ladyflash, and Feel Good by Numbers, and if you don’t like move on. The CD can be had for buttons on t’internet too.

2 Likes

…and so the proggieness continues😊

9 Likes

That’s a great experience, never got to see him live, but seen plenty of recorded concerts. A lot of people didn’t realise how successful a business man and author he was.

1 Like

Suzanne Vega - Solitude Standing
Tracy Chapman

Wishing everyone a lovely weekend :smiling_face:

24 Likes

Same good music being played today

1 Like

First play…

Everything But The Girl - Fuse, on vinyl… :notes: :grinning: :+1:t3:

11 Likes

RUSH!

8 Likes

…and Wishbone Ash
I wish I wasn’t feeling so lazy, as it would be nice to put my original record on…

EDIT
…that’s better😊

21 Likes

Japan - Quiet Life.

25 Likes

Back in the house to cook dinner (Chinese Seasoned Pork Steaks with Fried Rice)
Some Tedeschi Trucks Band to help things along…

10 Likes

The Planets, suite for orchestra & Bavarian Radio Choir, Bavarian Radio Symphony Orchestra, Daniel Harding and Florian Benfer.

12 Likes

Tone Poet LP version. Cannonball Adderley in great featured form.

8 Likes

Paul McCartney & Wings - Band On The Run - Archive Collection - CD

25 Likes